“Excellent Service!”

Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The staff at Staybridge were fantastic. Very friendly and helpful for anything that you needed. Cori & Desmond at the front desk were some of the best I have seen. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Gulf Shores is a great place to winter.My wife and I have been staying at this hotel for many reasons.Number one, the management is terrific and they consider us as their friends and we are treated like family.
Number 2 is the cleanliness of the facility.We have our room deep cleaned once a week and every day we receive fresh towels and useable amenities are replaced. The cleaning staff is also wanting to do their best for the clients.
Number three: The breakfast buffet is second to none and 3 nights of the week we are provided with a evening light meal. There is variety in the food each day.
Number four: The hotel allows me to have my pet and they provide an area which is fenced in for the animals to exercise.
We keep coming back because of the frienships we have made at the Staybridge Inn.It is only three miles from the beautiful beaches but we are not paying beach front prices.A great place for a vacation.

Room Tip: Our room has a separate bedroom,a living room and kitchen with everything furnished for cooking.A mi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edwin V
Reviewed January 8, 2014

As a picky traveler (as you'll read in my previous reviews) I was pleasantly impressed by this hotel. We had stayed in many of extended stay-type hotels in the past but this was truly a great value and an exceptional stay. There is only one negative which I will mention in closing.

The rooms are seriously clean and very comfortable. The kitchen is almost complete - no oven and only a 2-burner stove (most Residence Inns we've stayed had both) - although at least they're all stainless steel. There are 2 LCD TVs - they could be bigger but suffice - one in living room and the other in the bedroom. And each with a DVD player. The bedroom suite has french doors which we kept open for an open feel. The bathroom itself (with a tub/shower combination and toilet) is a bit smaller than most.

The ammenities and customer service is what puts this hotel over the top as far as I'm concerned. I've stayed in Residence Inns where they were complete with a fireplace and full kitchen as mentioned but they were much more expensive with a fraction of the ammenties. Here at the Staybridge includes: free washer/dryer use in laundry room; above average fitness room; evening food and beverages served 4 days a week; breakfast served every day (with a GREAT variety); nice multi-use great room with 60+" plasma TV over the stone fireplace - separate living room area with another plasma TV and seating; business area with desktop computers and printers; private pool and deck area with grills in back ....I'm sure I've forgotten something but the point is they have a lot to offer.

If you have a pet or a pet lover this place is for you - there's many dogs abound and an occassional cat which may or may not have escaped from a neighboring room. There are dog treats at the front desk and if you ask, the front desk clerks are eager to keep an eye on your pet when needed. There's also a dog run in the back which is fully fenced and replete with doggy-do bags (I wish people would use them more).

The customer service is beyond good, there's not one person who isn't overly, authentically nice!! Housekeepers, the Cooking staff, and the Front Desk personnel were all fantastic.

We looked around at beach rentals but with all the ammenities and the snow bird rate - the Staybridge Suites was perfect! Next door is a new restaurant - Island Wings. The staff and management (Joe) were very neighborly - see my review. There is a hair and nail salon next door, as well as a pet store (very fitting). Nearby is a great Mexican restaurant - Cactus Cantina - it's inexpensive and offers great service as well (see my review). The beach is about a 10 minute drive. And there are many restaurants, shopping, Publix, and a Starbucks 1/2 mile away (ten minute walk).

My only negative comment was the treadmill - broken for over 2 weeks (?)

Room Tip: High floor corner room near staircase - higher rooms are brighter and if in the back, there's a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PalmBeacher06
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I decided on staying at this hotel since the price was significantly lower compared to the extremely overpriced hotels closer to the Gulf Shores Beach. It's only about a 10 minute drive to the beach and this hotel had a studio feel with kitchenette and couch area. The bed was very comfortable as well. The breakfast offered in the morning was standard. Right down the street is beignet store so we stopped there one day for breakfast. The front desk was extremely helpful with making suggestions for dinner and offering tips for visiting the beach. One thing to note is this hotel has nothing walk-able around it, a car is necessary.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ben L
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have never stayed at a Staybridge Suites before and were surprised at the accommodations - full refrigerator, stove, dishes, etc. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff helpful in recommending places to eat. Breakfast was outstanding; better than most hotels we have stayed at. Looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Harry T
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have never been to a Staybridge Suites before and I must say that this was the most enjoyable place to stay at. I don't know if it's the Southern Hospitality or the knowledge of their business that makes it great, but it works!

They even seem to like our little dog, Annie. When we checked in they gave us a welcome bag for our dog.

The staff was friendly, the hotel is clean. Clean rooms and beds, free laundry and a social hour that was a light dinner. I think we saved a little money on this trip because of those amenities.

Given the chance I will stay their again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Janell B
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My Wife & I loved the hotel! The hotel was everything we could wish for & more! A friendly environment, clean & in order, the food was great! They also upgraded us to a King bed room suite since I am a IHG Platinum card carrier! This is the place to stay if you ever visit the Gulf Shores AL area!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!