“Great stay, nice folks”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Little Rock, AR
“Great stay, nice folks”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a great four night stay for me and my dog. Everyone was so nice. It's not on the beach and doesn't have a view but is close to Gulf Shores and not up there in that overcrowded outlet mall area. They charge a flat fee of $75 for 1 to 6 nights with a dog and it's worth it because the place is so clean, has dog treats at the desk and a designated fenced dog area of grass out back. The desk folks spoke to my dog by name every time we walked by. There is an evening buffet during weeknights and it is excellent; I didn't even go out to supper one night. Breakfast plentiful and good. Free WiFi. Workout room was good. You have a mini-kitchen in your suite. I will be a regular at the Staybridge chain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked a queen room (1 bed, non smoking) for a Friday night in Gulf Shores. I was late checking in and as I walked up to the lobby entrance, the male desk clerk was standing at the door smoking. Not my ideal first impression so I was worried.
The guy clerk was not friendly at all, barely spoke at all, but a young lady came out to give my my room card and information and she was super.
The lobby was great and clean. And my room was very comfortable and clean. The bed was super comfortable, the water in the shower was hot and the tub was spotless.
The breakfast didn't start until 0730 which didn't work for me since I had to leave early, but I was still super impressed with Staybridge and will stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed there when we had to evacuate Gulf Shores for hurricane Isaac. A stressful time turned into a mini vacation at G.S. Staybridge. We enjoyed the full breakfast lite lunch and buffet dinner plus a "social hour" during our stay. The food was excellent! The room was fresh and clean and the staff was gracious. Sarah the Director could not have been more accommodating. I highly recommend this classey hotel

Room Tip: Living room/bedroom suit was very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Orange Beach, Alabama, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2012

All inclusive pkg alleviated any stress we may have experienced during Hurricane Isaac. This hotel is number one in Gulf Shores in our opinion. Sarah orchestrated a complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our suite was better than a home away from home.

Room Tip: Pets allowed, no fleas!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is essentially a condo, with all the amenities of home, kitchen, fridge, laundry center, workout machines, pool, and breakfast every morning, and dinner and cocktails most nights of the week. This was a wonderful choice, we will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Clean rooms & linens, friendly staff, free parking, free Internet, free fresh daily breakfast. That was our experience when we stayed here last year, and it's still the same this year. That's why when we were planning our return trip this year to Gulf Shores, there was no thought given to finding another hotel. Our expectations were met again.

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom suites are large and accommodating.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was my second stay in about 16 months and it was just as enjoyable and refreshing as my first stay. The staff is so friendly and helpful and really go out of you way to ensure you have nothing but good memories. The manager Cindy and Jeff are excellent examples of how Customer Service works. The Breakfasts and Sundownersgatherings were always stocked with freshfood and was very refreshing. i look forward to my next stay in the Gulf Shore Area.

Room Tip: Become members of the Holiday Inn Priority Club. Stay enough you can earn your way to upgrades.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores
Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach

Been to Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!