Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores
GULF SHORES, AL(Gulf Shores)
$150
$431
$408
$345
  • Pool
All reviewsseparate sitting areabreakfast bar isnice hotelfront desk staffroom was spaciousfree breakfastwould stay here againsmall poolminute driveflat screenexercise roomnice staygrocery storespring breakbeachhousekeepingmicrowave
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is centrally located. There is nothing really special, just what you would expect from this kind of property. The pool and fitness room are small. The breakfast was the usual American hotel continental fair ( lots of donuts and carbs). The rooms were clean, it was less expensive than the beach front hotels, and it was fine for a short say.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Amondowny1,

We value all feedback we receive from our guests as it allows us to improve and provide the best experience possible. I am happy to read our hotel location worked well for your travel needs. I am sorry to learn that some aspects of our hotel facilities and amenities fell short of your expectations. Please be assured that we do take all feedback seriously, and we will look into them accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Zelyn N

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We booked a queen deluxe room and I was very pleased with the room. It was spacious and very clean. Staff was mostly friendly, with the exception of one night clerk our last night there. The pool is extremely small and one group that was staying at the hotel monopolized the pool the entire time we were there so no one else got to use it. The same group's charter bus kept blocking the view of the street and made it hard to pull out of the parking lot. (not really the hotels fault, but the manager could have spoken with the bus driver and didn't). The hotel is a little further from the beach then I thought, but again, not the hotels fault, I should have researched better before booking. I was overall pleased with the room and the value for my money.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My family stayed here for a weekend in late June. The price was lower than the beach front hotels. Although it was a little inconvenient having to drive to beach, it was just a short trip away. The rooms were clean and spacious. The sink was located inside the bathroom unlike most hotels. That was a little inconvenient for us. Also the shower drained slowly. Staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was great offering pancakes and eggs along with the usual offerings (bagels, muffins, cereals, etc.). Our GPS had trouble finding when we used the address, but the iPhone had no problem showing us the way.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank C M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear C M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding our hotel. I am delighted with your positive comments about our rooms, staff and breakfast served. However, it is regrettable to learn that the set up of our bathrooms did not work for you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused especially with the shower drain. Your comments are highly appreciated and I am confident that our management will look into this and make the appropriate fix in a timely manner.

I hope that you give us another chance to provide you with a more satisfying stay in the future.

Faith R

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I am a military veteran with a service dog. Check in was no problem (told them service dog)until coming in with the dog. Then in front of other customers and across the room they demanded a certificate! Uuhhhmmm not legal!! Finally we went to our room. Next morning when we went for breakfast, the manager asked "what are you doing here?"
Rude and disrespectful! !! We left without breakfast. Will never stay here again and will be calling ADA.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Debbie W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Debbie W,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am very sorry the level of service you received greatly affected your stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Had an issue with our room. The desk employee made promises but management was unresponsive. Issue was not resolved. Would not recommend. After our bad experience made several attempts to contact management but the manager was never on site. Not a good experience at all.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scott A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Scott A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O