Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores
$135
$169
GULF SHORES, AL(Gulf Shores)
$130
  • Pool
$431
$408
  • Pool
All reviewsseparate sitting areabreakfast bar isnice hotelfront desk staffroom was spaciousfree breakfastwould stay here againsmall poolminute driveflat screenexercise roomnice staygrocery storespring breakbeachhousekeepingmicrowave
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is very clean for it's proximity to the beach, but the beds were so uncomfortable and the AC functioned so loudly and poorly, that sleep was impossible. I really wanted to like this hotel, as clean hotels in beach settings (with complimentary breakfast) are hard to come by. The sides of both beds were so hard and the center so soft and collapsed, it was difficult to sleep. The AC apparently needed a 5 degree differential to kick on, and when it did kick on it was SO LOUD! I won't stay here again, unfortunately.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lillie M
Robert M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Next time you plan on coming to the area, please contact me directly and I will personally handle all your accommodation needs to insure the highest level of service is expedited, as well a special discounted rate. If you would like to speak with me further about this matter please feel free to contact me directly at any time. Thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great place to stay when visiting Gulf Shores. Clean and friendly with a great free breakfast. A little less than a mile from the beach. Close to many restaurants. I found the room prices to be reasonable for the area. If you're coming for the pool, let me warn you it's very small. Overall this place lives up to the HI Express standard of quality. I recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank steve375

Thank you for the awesome feedback!

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Just a mile or so from a public access to the beach. Breakfast was good they have a pancake "printer" that makes 2 pancakes in about a minute. Bacon and biscuits & sausage gravy. Saw a Jacuzzi room with a king - very spacious.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Everyone was really nice. The rooms were very clean and so was the entire hotel. Only problem was with the tub there should have been something on the floor of the tub because it had an incline and it was hard to not slip. Told the management when we checked out and was sent a very nice email saying they would take care of it and give me a discount next time I stayed. This is the perfect place to stay if your going to a concert at the Wharf. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Any room is good here
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We made reservations for three nights. Unfortunately, we had to cancel due to illness. We cancelled in advance of our reservations. We have been charged for all three nights. We have called the manager three times and he/she has not returned our calls. Things happen in life and obviously greed is what they represent in Gulf Shores. We have never been there and with this experience don't recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Gloridee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Gloridee,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.