“I will never stay with holiday inn again.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Gulf Shores
Reviewed September 1, 2011

When I booked the room I was advised that it was. Located on the water. Upon arrival discovered it was located about one and a half miles from the gulf. I canceled my reservation and stayed elsewhere. Holiday inn still charged me for the room. I have made several attempts to resolve the charges only to be treated with rude agents. I am very disappointed and will never stay with holiday inn again.

• Stayed: August 2011
6  Thank kristyketterer

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed one night as we came down for a conference in Orange beach, hotel is fairly new, very clean, the staff extra friendly. $84.00 a night for a king bed and breakfest for two included was a great value. Bacon,eggs, gravy etc , not just toast and ceral. Small bar located behind it ,we didnt visit but is walking distance if you chose to !!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2011

When we first got to gulf shores at 2 a.m. we pulled in down the street to the Best Western on the E. Beach Blvd and the rate from 2 a.m. til 11 a.m. was $140. (ridiculous) If I wanted breakfast it would be $165. We were staying at a condo the next day so I only needed the room for 1 night. Well I called Holiday Inn Express and the nice gentleman gave me the room for $99 plus I got a late check-out (2 p.m.) and breakfast was included in my stay. The room was very nice and well decorated. It had a microwave, refrigerator, nice flat screen tv, and the bed was very comfortable. The air conditioner in the room was magnificent. It made me and my husband's long drive from Louisville very cozy and pleasant. The hotel staff were very helpful with giving directions to places to eat, Wal-mart, site seeing, and anything else we needed. My condo keys were being Fed-x to the hotel and weren't there yet at check-out. The front desk took my number and we went shopping and they called when they arrived. So we were very pleased with our stay at Holiday Inn Express. The only thing I could say that they need to improve would be housekeeping is a little noisy while cleaning; they were letting doors slam and talking very loud. That would not keep me from staying again. Thanks again HIE

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank looieville
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We just returned from a trip down to Gulf Shores for some R&R where we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. A friend gave us some Priority Club Points, so it was free thankfully. We found the place with no trouble in the pouring rain (not sure about people who said they couldn't find it. The giant, glowing Holiday Inn Express sign gave away its secret hiding spot for us).

The room itself was great. Nice little kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator. Very clean.

The WiFi was abyssmal. Signal strength was pitiful in our room; it took, on average, 6 or 7 minutes to load email in the basic HTML setting. We called down to guest services for some help, but we got some nonsensical answer about having a full house and it being cloudy outside. Since neither of those things actually affect ones WiFi signal, I could only assume that they had no idea what they were talking about and didn't really want to help. It WAS a vacation for us, but my husband missed out on a few thousand dollars worth of work because he couldn't check his email in the room.

And goodness, it was hot in that place. They obviously had not turned on the AC in the lobby or hallways. Walking to ones room resulted in needing a shower from the sweat involved. Staff was of no help there, either.

All in all, decent hotel. Not very helpful/friendly staff. And don't stay there if you need the internet for any reason business people. If we had actually paid for this hotel it would get a Poor rating.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2011

staff horrible.....food horrible......close to nothing......no hot water....had to slam door to close properly.....pool small.....hottub not working correctly.....location hidden behind a bank....bar hehind and to the side in back has unruley patrons...

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank travellingboudreaux
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed here while attending a wedding in the area. We were very happy with it's proximity to the beach and restaurants. The breakfast was good and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TexasTraveljunkie69
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We were only here one night (basically just a stop over on our trip to Atlanta), so this place more than met our needs for a quick stay over. The hotel is fairly new, so it's in good condition with the latest amenities in the rooms (flat screen, upgraded A/C, etc.). It's a typical Holiday Inn - nothing fancy but you get a good night's sleep. Bed was comfortable, room was a decent size.

A few things- this place is about a mile from the beach, so if you're going for a beach stay be prepared to drive. Since I live 10 miles from the beach this was not a problem, and also made for a very quiet area. Also, the walls are paper thin - our neighbor had a small child in their room who woke up screaming about 1:00 am and screamed non-stop for about an hour. Fortunately we were awake and watching TV so it didn't wake us up, but you can hear EVERYTHING that goes on in the room next to you.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 25 in Gulf Shores
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gulf Shores
Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gulf Shores? Share your experiences!