Gulf Shores Plantation
$99
$91
Best Western On The Beach(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$254
$218
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$107
Hampton Inn Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores(Gulf Shores)(Great Value!)
$118
The Beach Club(Gulf Shores)
Kiva Dunes Resort(Gulf Shores)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsindoor poolshuffle boardstayed in buildingsassy basstennis courtssteam roomthe kitchenprivate beachminute driveboard walkgreat place for familyoff the beaten pathhot tubgreat beachwasher and dryerbeach frontgreat vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Gulf Shores Plantation is a excellent place to stay. We had a 2 bedroom condo. We were in 5511. It was quiet, the rooms were very clean, the view was beautiful. My grand children loved the beach and seemed at home in the unit. It has a nice shop that serves lunch, has some beach items and souvenirs. The resort is several miles from the rest of Gulf Shores, but that just makes it feel as if it is a more private beach. The furniture was nice and the kitchen was stocked for anyone who wanted to cook. There are washers in dryers on the first floor. There is a barbecue area out side near the pools.

5  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The amenities at the Plantation always make our stay enjoyable! The atmosphere and relaxing feeling of the overall surroundings, just make for a great experience at the Plantation every time we stay there. We rented through Mandoki Hospitality and everything went very smoothly , as always. Have stayed there every year since 2008 and look forward to returning soon! Great staff and employees that take care of anything that you may need and answer any question you may have in a very friendly manner!

5  Thank Owsley T
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed in unit 2301 over the 4th of July weekend. The condo is just like it looks on the website and has a great view of the gulf. The condo is right over the boardwalk, but 3 floors up. It is an end 1 bedroom unit. The sofa sleeper is not very comfortable, but would be OK for kids who just want to get out on the beach as soon as possible. We were unlucky in that it rained the entire time we were there, so we got no beachtime, but we did make full use of all the indoor amenities such as the hot tubs, saunas, indoor pool, steam room, etc. The free DVD's are in the little guest services building to the right of the guardhouse. You can get stamps and mail letters there. We got magazines and books from the library also. One thing I did not like was there was only 1 remote for two TV's. I guess it is set up for children to watch videos? The wifi worked fine, even in the storms. We also got sandwiches at the Connections cafe late one night and they make very good Muffalettas. They also have gifts, clothing items, and groceries. The condo has everything you need for cooking and eating. We used the bunkbed area to pile our stuff on. The roof leaked in the kitchen because it rained so hard. One thing I was worried about from the photos, the "master bath" is NOT in the master bedroom, so people don't have to come in your room to go to the restroom-that is not really clear from the photos. We liked having the express check in and out. It is safe to leave your chairs and toys outside the door of the condo, some people even left stuff out on the beach. We got a good deal on this condo because it was kind of a "fill in" 2 days when a long weekend would have been nice. It is big enough for a family even though it is only a 1 bedroom. There are all sorts of nature trails and preserves around this area, and Fort Morgan and the ferry is very close. Although, I like being nearer Florida because the water is prettier and there are more shells, I would definitely recommend Gulf Shores Plantation for a family with kids.

Room Tip: The view from 2301 is great-Gulf front between the 2 big pools and on the boardwalk, 3rd floor-but there is an elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mexilady
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family booked multiple condos at this resort for a family trip in July 2013. We rented a 2 bedroom condo & a 1 bedroom condo (which was beachfront) in building #2. The units were well furnished & kitchens were well stocked for our needs. The location is a bit remote as the resort is about 15 miles from the main road into Gulf Shores (Hwy 59).

There are 6 pools on the property, including 1 indoor pool - so there's always something to do, even when it's raining.

My biggest complaint about the property was that they listed wi-fi as an amenity, but the wi-fi connection was so unpredictable and slow, you could hardly check and send email using the connection. It was worse than dial up from the 1990's. I ended up having to travel into town to get work done while I was there. I even tried working from the resort's coffee shop ("Connections") and the connection was no better (no pun intended). I asked the coffee shop staff if there was any other place on the property to get a better wi-fi signal/connection and they just stared blankly at me like it was news to them. The satellite signal also went out during rainy/cloudy conditions. I can only imagine those with small children who were being entertained via TV were frustrated with this interruption in satellite TV service.

The booking/reservation & communication prior to arrival was excellent. They sent me a confirmation and a newsletter about what to expect & items to bring during my stay. We all agreed that we'd stay here again, but we'd arrive with the expectation of not having internet access during our stay.

My only other remark was that from this area of the beach in AL, the oil rig platforms are viewable. If you don't wish to see the oil platforms in the gulf, you may want to stay closer to FL or in FL, where the oil rigs/platforms are not viewable from the shore.

One final note, the units were VERY quiet. We did not hear noise from adjoining units at all during our stay, which was appreciated.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom condo units are beachfront!
6  Thank desidou
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked and stayed at the Gulf Shores Plantation from July 1-5, 2013 and we had a great experience. It was our first time to Gulf Shores and our girls first time to the beach ever. We stayed in Condo #1255 and it was very well kept, nice and clean, looked just like the pictures posted online. It didn't have a beach front view, but it did have a partial view of the beach, which was good enough for us. It had a fully functional kitchen with all the cookware, dishes, cups, etc that you would need. Overall it was very quiet, I rarely heard any of our "neighbors." The pool by our room was nice and the beach was really nice. The water was very clear, clearer than what I honestly thought it would be. The resort also had a nice coffee bar on the grounds which served starbucks coffee for those of you who must have your latte every morning, such as myself. The only disappointment overall about our stay was the gym/fitmess center. It was TERRIBLE!! Very small, OLD crappy equipment. You would think a resort that big would have a bigger and little nicer fitness center. They need to seriously revamp the fitness center. My husband and I are avid gym junkies and for us personally that was very disappointing. It would POSSIBLY keep me from staying there again, but that would be the only reason. I definitely reccomend our particular condo, and if we stay there again I would definitely consider staying in the exact condo again. The beach was fairly busy, but mostly because we were there over 4th of July week/weekend. It wasn't so crowded that you couldn't enjoy yourself though. The town of Gulf Shores was very nice, LOTS to do, LOTS of places to eat and shop!! Our resort was about 12 miles out from the main part of town, but we were fine with that. We will vacation to Gulf Shores again, probably next year and many years to come.

6  Thank Nikki D