“Comfortable, but...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lighthouse Condominiums

The Lighthouse Condominiums
“Comfortable, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had an enjoyable stay with another couple, but 513 could use some updating, paint, general maintenance on shower door, etc. Add an interior door safety other than just the deadbolt and maybe a safe for valuables. Wifi is slow all thru the building. Cookwear needs to be replaced. Beds were comfortable and the beach was great. Rent the lounge chairs and umbrellas for your stay, worth it. Oh yeah, the pools are great!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bilsano

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
tupelo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Room looked good until I took my shoes off at the door and realized all the floor was sticky. During our stay also had the maintenance man come by to change the air conditioning filter that was caked with dust. Glasses and dishes were dirty, couch was wet when we sat down. I don't think they cleaned the room very well. I'm not one to complain too much, but after we left we received a phone call, I was thinking it might be from the young's suncoast asking how the stay was, and that they appreciated our business. NO, it was one of the managers complaining that the room was left in a mess and that they were charging an excessive dirty fee. I argued with him for a while, Which he says everyone does. I think the company is just scamming people out of their money for cleaning charges. I would not ever use this company again. I would not recommend using them to anyone.DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU ARE OK WITH THEM SCAMMING YOUR CREDIT CARD FOR EXTRA MONEY$$$.

Room Tip: Dont give them credit card, they will charge you for charges that are not legit.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank Jeremie R
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in unit 1117 and it was great. It was our first time to visit Gulf Shores and didn't really know what to except. The beach is wonderful! A few tips.. Invest in you own chairs and umbrellas for the beach. You can rent two of their lounge chairs and it costs $25 per day. You can buy chairs and an umbrella for $60-$75. This unit was small, but clean and had all of the essentials. The only recommendation would be for the owner to invest in some flat screen TV's. The entertainment systems that hold the tube TV's take up too much space and make the small rooms even smaller. Also, the TV in the bunk room was a 6".. way too small. But, you're at the beach, who wants to watch TV except for at night! Overall, a great place!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Colesmom2001
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

This owner takes care of this unit like they lived in it. The unit was spotlessly clean when we arrived. The decor is beach appropriate but not tacky looking. The furniture is contemporary and the leather sofa and loveseat combo were in near new condition. The king size master bed has a top quality pillow top mattress that you would find in a very high end hotel. The second bedroom mattress was a bit firm to our liking, but acceptable. The small "computer room" actually has two twin size bunk beds, also quite comfortable. Every room has a flat screeen TV, even the little bunk room. Kitchen has updated granite, nice hardware, late model appliances and nicely accessorized with toaster, coffee maker, built-in microwave, crock pot, mixer, blender, and even a large electric pancake griddle.

I am a snobby cook, and usually bring my own knifes and cookware to vacation rentals because I prepare almost every meal in the condo and get annoyed with the very cheap or garage sale purchased cookware/cutlery sets that are usually provided. No need in this unit. Owner has spent some real money on professional quality Tramontina stainless cookware with copper insert bottoms. If you can use stainless, this is as good as any you may have. If you require non-stick, bring your own because there isn't a non-stick pan or pot in the kitchen (and the way that usually gets scratched and ruined by renters, I don't blame them for not providing it.) Other kitchen utensils and dishware are also good quality and more like what you would expect in a nice extended stay hotel as opposed to the hodgepodge typically found in an owner rental.

Unit also has a good quality vacuum for keeping sand at bay during your stay, mop, broom, dustpan, iron and ironing board. Washer/dryer both worked well and we actually left there with mostly clean clothes. Bring your own soap. Prior renter left a small amount but we ended up buying more and leaving for the next renter.

View is georgeous to the beach. Balcony has table and four comfortable chairs. Beach vendors (for umbrellas/chairs) were very personable despite the fact that we did not rent from them. Gulf Shores Beach sand is the best I've been on, including several Carrabean and Mexican resort beaches. There are some beach sand toys and a couple of chairs in the unit to take to the beach if you want. We bring a large 10' X 10' canopy to set up on the beach for shade. One of the nice things about Gulf Shores is that most people leave their umbrellas/canopies as well as beach chairs out on the beach each night. This eliminates the hassle of setting up and taking down everything every day. Ours was out for six nights, no problems. Lighthouse has three nice pools, each well maintained. Excersize room is a bit small for the size of property and was packed every morning. Glad I brought my bicycle. Kept it in the bike rack in the garage and rode every morning. Beach Blvd., the road that parallels the beach, has marked bike lanes the entire 18 mile length from where it dead ends to the West all the way to the Florida border. Also, there is about 10 miles of paved bike paths in Gulf State Park which is about 1 mile from the condos.

All in all, by far the nicest condo we've rented in the last several years and will definately consider reserving the same one for next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank PJHPlano
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just finished 3 nights at Lighthouse in condo 616. My wife would agree with the previous posting that the bed was uncomfortable, but I am a heavy sleeper and did not have any issues. There is a huge flat-screen TV in the den and the view from the balcony is amazing. Pools are clean, large and open until 10:30pm. The beach is a 30 foot walk away. Plenty of outdoor showers and hoses to wash the sand off before returning to the pool or building.
I will say that the outer elevators are slow because there is only one on each side. When we used the middle pair, we had no problems.

Location is perfect! We were able to walk to dinner each night and the Hangout is about a half mile walk away. Good music, food and drink to be had all around the area. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach so you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sbe74
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed in 616 and booked through Brett Robinson Realty. The room was nice but had a place on one wall that had been repaired but not painted over. The complex overall was quite impressive. Parking was difficult to maneuver as we have a large vehicle. My main complaint is with the bed. The mattress was awful! The sleeper sofa was even worse. Considering bringing air mattresses on our next trip.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank shellspeed
Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

First of all let me say I was very nervous about renting a condo off VRBO. I also was Leary of giving out my credit card number to a complete stranger! Sooooo I began doing some investigating of my own concerning Lighthouse unit 815. I emailed an inquiry to the property manager. His name is Rafi. He quickly called me after my email. I asked a lot of questions to the point I felt I was interrogating poor Rafi! Lol! He was so patient and understanding to all my fears. Very impressed with Rafi. He knew exactly how to handle me. After several conversations I was completely at peace with renting from him! He is Awesome, The condo was exactly as pictured. Very Lovely and well kept. 3 nice size bedrooms and 3 nice size bathrooms. The unit is perfectly tucked away in a corner for privacy. Amazing beach front view from balcony. Kitchen was stocked nicely with Corelle dishes including nice glass bowls and bakeware. Also had pitchers for tea making. Lots of cooking utensils. Coffee maker, tea kettle, can opener, blender. Etc. Very nice stainless refrigerator. Very clean. Smooth top cooktop and large oven. Microwave. Dishwasher.Granite countertops. Lots of glasses. Balcony was my favorite place to be of the whole condo. Very peaceful and soothing. I would highly recommend unit 815 at the Lighthouse especially to have someone you can trust with your vacation plans. Rafi! You made my vacation wonderful!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!! Call Rafi for a trouble free booking!

Room Tip: Unit 815 is wonderful! Spectacular view! Don't choose lower floor as the view is not as good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach
Sanibel Gulf Shores
Sanibel Gulf Shores
#12 of 24 in Gulf Shores

Been to The Lighthouse Condominiums? Share your experiences!