“Do not stay here”

Windtree Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grove Hill
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Ok since I had to redo my review here goes, this place is horrific;to begin with u have like 2 r 3 lil mangy cats hanging around this place,once u enter the rooms the smells are awful I visited this joint for a family reunion would hv prefered to sleep in a tent outside .u turn the water on in the shower the water is brown yes I said brown had to let my water run for 30minutes r so prior to getting in oh forgot to mention the towels they gv u look like someone has been washing cars with trust me when I say this place is horrific it is then they hv a side where they claim is an upgrade don't fall for it only thing differrnt is a bed spread n a coffee pot .last but least don't ask r complain there going to tell u that ur lying plz spend ur money somewhere else r sleep in ur car

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Trevion J
Nevil B, Front Office Manager at Windtree Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Sir,
I appreciate you coming on Trip Advisor to try and hurt our reputation as a good property. I realize that you checked into Room 151 as per our records and at first attempt to check in, you were told to look for another place because you cussed him out and said that you will never bring your money to our place. I would like to state that because you were here for a family reunion, the manager allowed you to stay after your uncle apologized. Your uncle clearly stated that you are "hard-headed" and that you have an attitude problem. I feel that you should not come to Trip Advisor to put out your personal issues to ruin our reputation. If our place was so bad, you should've checked out that instant rather than staying all night and taking a nice warm shower before leaving. Your whole family (mostly) enjoyed their stay. I wish you were just as fortunate.
Nevil

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Wow, I stayed here last month and it was such a pleasant experience. Yes it's a quiet little town but it's really reasonable and the rooms are really clean. The management was very helpful- they even lent me a corkscrew to open my bottle of champagne! I'm a government employee and I'll definitely be making many more visits to the Windtree Inn. My only little complaint is that the germ free pillows weren't fluffy.

I saw a review that trashes the place, I think that was meant for the other little motel in town.. though I'm not sure- to each their own.

Definitely recommend them..

De

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Stephen L
Nevil B, Front Office Manager at Windtree Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We strive for the highest quality and cleanliness and we appreciate your review on TripAdvisor! Please visit us again!
Thanks,
Nevil
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 11, 2008

If you're looking for a quiet place, away from busy highways, you'll like the Windtree Inn. It's under new management, which has improved the property significantly. My only complaint is that the pillows seemed to be encased in a material made of semi-stiff rubber, which was not very comfortable.

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — Pillows
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Folklorist
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 26, 2007

This motel is no less than Super 8, or Best value inn or any other franchise. It has a lot of amenities. It is in a really quiet area and the rooms are really nice and comfortable. The only bad thing is that there aren't many restaurants close by except a cafe called Gloria's port house cafe and a Burger King.

• Liked — The room, and the nice people at the frontdesk
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank JosephT26
#3 of 6 in Thomasville
Hometown Inn
Hometown Inn
#1 of 6 in Thomasville

Been to Windtree Inn? Share your experiences!