“disappointed”

Best Western Greenville Inn
Best Western Greenville Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Greenville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Nice room, quiet and convenient to restaurants, library and interstate. I was disappointed that my request for a late check out was denied. There was a genealogy meeting that I wanted to attend but since it was on a Sunday afternoon and my request was denied, I did not go as I had no where to be from 11:00 a.m. (check out time) until the 2 p.m. meeting time. The place was definitely not filled to capacity - maybe the cleaning crew has a specific time to get off work. I only went to the breakfast room for morning coffee. The coffee was close to just being colored water ( I did not drink it) so that was my b'fast experience. When I return I may try another place that might offer a better breakfast and possibly be receptive to different ck in and ck out times.

Room Tip: My room was on the back side. This was my first time to stay here so I am not familiar enough to mak...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed that you we were not able to provide you with a later than normal check out time and for that I truly apologize.
We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 11, 2013

You get all you expect from a Best Western.The hotel is in a great location close to restaurants and stores in town. The front desk guy was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The room was clean, quiet, well-maintained and equipped with TV, fridge, microwave and coffee machine.WIFI worked well. Pool was clean.They offered a hot breakfast with eggs,gravy ,bisquits,waffles,yogurt,aso.I would highly recommend the BW of Greenville

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
First, I must thank you for your compliment about Sam; he was the desk clerk who greeted you at check-in. We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that our guest have a great experience.

We would like to thank you for your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel when we came into town for a big family anniversary party.. It was pretty decent I really didn't have any complaints (mainly cause we were hardly there).. Till we left, We were giving the room the "Once over" before we left and went back home. Well we checked under the couch cushion and I was floored by what we found. A crack pipe and some crack. So has you can imagine, I freaked out. We figured it was either the maids or a previous guest. But how could it be a previous guest when the room was supposedly thoughly cleaned???? We took what we found up to the front desk, Nothing was done and we still had to pay full price.. We come into town a lot and I will never stay at this place!!!! It wasn't like it was just a bag of pot.. IT WAS CRACK and not a thing was done about it! Stay clear I'll pay extra in May at a different hotel when I come back in town to make sure its CRACK FREE !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank BeverlyI_13
Bestwestern01064, General Manager at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Let me start by saying how shocked and even dumbfounded I was to read your comments pertaining to your stay back in August 2012 at our property. We here at Best Western strive to make every guest experience the very best we can and it sadness me to learn that we have fallen short of that. I truly apologize and I can assure you that I have definitely addressed these issues with all staff. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed in receiving from us. We would love for you to give us another opportunity and stay with us the next time you’re in town.
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is remodeling and doing a good job of updating the rooms. Our beds were comfortable and the room was very spacious and clean. The desk was friendly and the rate (with travel coupon) was very reasonable. We booked two rooms, one for my husband and I and one for a family member traveling with us. She was not happy about the exterior entrance (need to walk outside for breakfast) but we are fine with that. Location is convenient to food choices and access to interstate. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Best Western, Greenville we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us. I must thank you for your compliments pertaining to our amazing staff and recently Hotel remodel.
By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. While online like us on facebook!
Bell Buckle, Tennessee
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stay here all the time we pass through Greenville. The 2 beds room, comes with 2 queens not 2 full size, which is nice. I always book with the pre-pay option and the rate ends up being under $60. Breakfast is what you would expect from a best western. Rooms and Lobby are clean and not outdated. It does have a pool, but i have never been able to use it, due to my schedule. Overall for greenville, i would pick this over any other just because of the value, cleanliness, and queen beds vs full

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bestwestern01064, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. As you mention you have stayed with us in the past on numerous occasions and always found our Hotel to be Comfortable, Clean and affordable and we are pleased that you have been loyal to our Hotel here in Greenville. We have just recently completed a full renovation. I really appreciate feedback and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a great little Best Western We stay at when we stop through Greenville, Al and I must say I was PLEASANTLY surprised on our most recent visit. They have renovated the Lobby, Breakfast area and rooms. It's always been a clean place when we have stayed and now with a fresh NEW look. See you next trip!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bestwestern01064, Director of Sales at Best Western Greenville Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here try's their best to make each guest experience a great one. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. We are so honored that you choose Best Western while you were in Greenville. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.