“Nice place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2008

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and spacious.
Coffee was excellent, no problems at all.

• Liked — Clean and sparkling
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stopped as we were headed to the coast. It seemed like a nice place, until you tried to go to sleep. I don't know about construction, but should you be able to hear the people above you in a place like this? We were kept awake all night by people who obviously didn't come here to sleep. I called the front desk, and they promised to take care of it. Well they must have forgot because this went on until at least 4am.
Then at 6am after about only 2 hours of sleep, we were woke up by a helicopter taking off and landing across the parking lot from us. That was less than 500 ft, I'd say. It appeared to be someone who did it on a regular basis, maybe an owner or operator of the hotel, by the way the staff acted. After giving up on getting any sleep, we got up to take our morning showers and upon opening the shower curtain, saw black, curly hair everywhere on the shower walls. GROSS! Obviously the housekeeping missed that shower stall. I had to clean it myself before I could make myself shower in there.
When I went to check out, the manager who could care less about anything around her, only offered me $5 off, after I asked for the free stay guarentee. I told her that it was an insult, and she shrugged her shoulders and just continued to write down the $5 and give me my receipt, showing she had already charged my credit card with the full amount. I took a card with her information on it and told her I would be reporting this. Again, she just shrugged me off. There was a man in the lobby who had agreed with me about the noisy people, and she didn't pay any attention to him either.

• Liked — It was a non smoking room that wasn't ever smoked in.
  • Disliked — Couldn't get any sleep, and that is what we paid for!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Elkton, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2008

This was a wonderful overnight stay on our way to Gulf Shores. Offered free wifi (which is not included on the list of hotel amenities) - a highlight of my stay.

• Liked — Wi-Fi!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2007

Perfect!! Beautiful!! Huge king room with nice comfy sofa. Internet worked great! Bed extremely comfortable. Loved this Comfort!! We usually stay at Drury Inns, but this Comfort had everything Drury offers with the exception of the free cocktails. Room nice and big, actually larger than a Drury standard king. Staff very helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay here again! Clean and cheerful!! Area great, too! Great restaurant choices within block ~ Cracker Barrel and a great mexican ~ "Old Mexico". Really enjoyed out stay.

• Liked — Size of room and cleanliness
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
dexter.ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

We were on our why Destin Fl and happened upon this very nice inn. From checkin to checkout this was a great experience. The staff was very nice. The atmosphere-beautiful. The room-outstanding. We couponed this hotel but it would be worth full price just to stay here again in our travels. A free continental breakfast was included and very good. A room microwave and fridge were handy. A Ruby Tuesdays is within walking distance for tired drivers. They had a full bar,but no-no-draft beer due to local laws. Still this hotel is well woth the stay.

• Liked — Location easy on easy off interstate
  • Disliked — nine miles from nowhrere
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Canton, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2007

My husband and I were attempting to drive straight through to Gulf Shores, AL from Canton, IL when we decided to stop for the night in Greenville. We tried to get a room at a couple different hotels, but they were booked or way too expensive for just a place to shower and sleep. We had to settle for a smoking room at the Comfort Inn. The price was about $90 with my government discount. The room was very clean, but the furniture was getting worn. The king bed was comfy, but there was a pretty noticable cigarette burn in the comforter. The room included a mini fridge, microwave and wetbar area in a seperate sitting type area. The bathroom was clean and the shower worked well. The breakfast was a little more than the basics. They had a waffle maker (I really want one of these!) that makes perfect waffles. The breakfast area was clean and the the garbage was changed and items refilled regularly. Although we didn't use the outside pool, it looked nice. They do have complimentary internet in the lobby, but it's not all that private. I would stay here again if we could get a non-smoking room.

• Liked — The front desk service and breakfast
  • Disliked — the smoke smell and worn look of furniture
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelinslacks
Columbia, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2007

Before our trip, I was on Trip Advisor and Mapquest trying to figure out the best place to stay on our trip from Illinois to Destin, FL. Normally, we drive straight through but felt a stop close to our DESTINation would be better for our nearly 3 year old and more cost effective than driving straight into Destin. Thank "y'all" for filling out the reviews - it completely helped us make an educated decision as to where a safe, comfortable stop would be.

As for the Comfort Inn in Greenville, AL...AWESOME!!! Barb checked us in and was so sweet and helpful. The lobby was immaculate. Our rooms were extremely clean (especially for the reasonable rate of $70/night w/ AAA discount) with a microwave and refrigerator. The rooms were a little smaller than normal but it was fine for a night. The shower head and water pressure were one of the best I've had in a hotel and the bathroom was one of the cleanest I've experienced.

Paul greeted me in the morning around 4:00 (couldn't sleep because I wanted to get some work done so I could enjoy the beach and not worry about WORK that afternoon). He was so kind and caring. He let me know that breakfast was already ready and to help myself. We then talked for an hour as we were the only 2 awake at this ridiculous hour! He kept asking if there was anything I needed and made sure I knew the different options on the breakfast. I haven't eaten yet, but it looks great with a fresh waffle station. Good coffee. Extremely clean dining area.
Area around hotel seemed to be decent with Taco Bell and Krystal right next to the hotel and a Winn Dixie and Cracker Barrel about a 1/4 mile down the frontage road. I asked the staff about the area and was told that it is pretty much safe and that the only problems they have are the kids congregate down the street (across the highway) and that the police often run around with their lights on because they are bored. :-)

I'm very difficult to please and expect quite a bit from service oriented industries as I'm a REALTOR and expect the same service I provide to my clients (often disapointed). :-) However, I am pleasantly surprised by my experience at the Comfort Inn in Greenville, AL. I can't think of anything to gripe about (my husband would tell you this is very rare). If you needed to stay for a few days, I think the room might be a little small and the fitness center is definately compact but fine for a one night stop.

Only thing is that GPS tells you to turn left if you type in their address but you should turn right if traveling from the North. Barb says she hears that ALL the time.

• Liked — Cleanliness and Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Size of the Room (or too much furniture)
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family