“Clean place”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
Ooltewah, Tennessee
“Clean place”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I've used this hotel many times over the years for my business travels in lower Alabama and on a few travels through the area heading to vacations too. It is the nicest place to stay between Montgomery and Mobile and is a good value also. Staff is always friendly and the free breakfast is a good way to start your day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_AL, Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear George,

Let me first start by saying how delighted we were to have learned of your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from when it comes to meeting your lodging needs, and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us once again. We look forward in your return visit as we love demonstrating our warm Hamptonality. Until then, Safe travels!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Called in the evening on our way to North Carolina. The receptionist started my experience out with a bang! Sweet! The rooms were super clean. In the morning, you are greeted with southern hospitality every where you turn. Breakfast was great for the type of breakfast it is. Stay here!!! You won't regret it!

• Stayed June 2014
Hampton_AL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that we offer you the best guest experience possible.
Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had a great time at the Hampton in Greenville. Everyone was very nice. The place was very clean. My only complaint is that there should not be any smoking rooms. We had to take a smoking room which put a damper on the trip. It smells up the whole floor plus there is a possibility of someone catching the hotel on fire making it unsafe for others.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_AL, Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Debbie,

On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Hampton Inn - Greenville Alabama, we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us. We do apologize for the inconvenience of not having a nonsmoking room available for you during your stay. We certainly appreciate your kind words and hope that you will visit us again.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I always recommend Hilton properties to everyone traveling for whatever reason. We particularly seek out to stay at either a Hampton or Embassy/ Hilton property. We are always quite pleased with the facilities and staff. Our overall experience at all Hilton properties have been truly comfortable and above satisfactory. Thank you Hilton.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_AL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
David,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty not only to our Hotel but to the Hilton Brand as well.
The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Hampton Inn while you were in Greenville. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a great little Hampton Inn about 40 minutes south of Montgomery. I am working in the Pensacola area and live in Atlanta so this is a great place to rest for the night and break up the trip. The hotel is clean and either new or renovated (my guess is the latter). Staff is extremely friendly and, as an HHonors Diamond member, I always love when they have dedicated parking (I AM, however, pretty confident that at least one of the staff members was parked in the reserved Diamond spot because the tag was local and the windows were down slightly -- not a good thing to do since that would be obvious to someone who travels enough to make Diamond status...). Other than that, staff was very helpful, the lobby is quite nice and the rooms are clean. If you are looking on line, the exterior just does not do it justice because it looks like one of those older, run down Hamptons and that is not the case.

There are several restaurants at this exit so you have some choices to eat. Great place to stop.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hampton_AL, Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Hampton Inn - Greenville Alabama, we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We certainly appreciate your kind words that you used when describing our staff and Property.
In your review you noted that it appeared that a member of staff was parked in a Diamond member designated Parking space and if that was the case I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff. Please note that even though the vehicle appeared local they still could be a Diamond Member as well.
We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that our guest feel our enthusiasm and our Hamptonality spirit. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us again.
Paris, France
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Excellent value for money, friendly staff, clean and well-equipped rooms, except: One day my room was not cleaned. This happened on a previous visit. When I gave valuables to Reception to put in the hotel safety vault, they put the valuables in an unlocked area under the front desk, without telling me they didn't put them in the safety vault. My passport, cash and house keys were unlocked all night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_AL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Sallie

Thank you for Submitting your review regarding your recent stay at our property.
I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case.
We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure ALL our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take measures to correct ALL these issues in which you have addressed.
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed May 25, 2014

They have DOUBLED the number of rewards points required to stay in this hotel. This effectively reduces the value of my rewards points by 50%. So much fro brand loyalty. I'll find a different hotel chain next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_AL, Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Dennis,

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed in learning of the new reward redemption increase. These increases are not determined by the individual hotels. Points and increases of points are set forth and determined by the Hilton Corporation and other Hotel Brands alike, thus the reason for various points needed to redeem certain room types or certain Hotels. You may be already aware of the fact that there isn’t a Hilton Property along I/65 that has reward redemption stays less than 20K points. Other than being disappointed in the point system we were glad to see that you had a great stay. We hope that you will consider visiting us again and until then we wish you safe travels.