“Excellent Value but Some Problems”

Hampton Inn Greenville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Excellent value for money, friendly staff, clean and well-equipped rooms, except: One day my room was not cleaned. This happened on a previous visit. When I gave valuables to Reception to put in the hotel safety vault, they put the valuables in an unlocked area under the front desk, without telling me they didn't put them in the safety vault. My passport, cash and house keys were unlocked all night.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_AL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Sallie

Thank you for Submitting your review regarding your recent stay at our property.
I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case.
We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure ALL our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take measures to correct ALL these issues in which you have addressed.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

They have DOUBLED the number of rewards points required to stay in this hotel. This effectively reduces the value of my rewards points by 50%. So much fro brand loyalty. I'll find a different hotel chain next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_AL, Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Dennis,

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed in learning of the new reward redemption increase. These increases are not determined by the individual hotels. Points and increases of points are set forth and determined by the Hilton Corporation and other Hotel Brands alike, thus the reason for various points needed to redeem certain room types or certain Hotels. You may be already aware of the fact that there isn’t a Hilton Property along I/65 that has reward redemption stays less than 20K points. Other than being disappointed in the point system we were glad to see that you had a great stay. We hope that you will consider visiting us again and until then we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

First, this Hampton Inn is located on a major exit. Resturants close by included Cracker Barrell (right next store), Shoney's, tons of fast food resturants (KFC, Burger King, Taco Bell - to name just a few). There is also a Walmart and four or five gas stations on this exit. We stayed one night as we were headed to the beach in the morning. SO HAPPY with our decision to stay at this hotel. Check-in was smooth and staff was friendly. Free breakfast in the morning was great- eggs, cereal, oatmeal, bacon, fresh fruit, etc. We love the Hilton\Hampton brand, and this hotel further drives our loyalty to this brand. Beds are so fresh and clean, and room was spotless when we entered.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Melissa,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible . We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that our guest feel our enthusiasm and our Hamptonality spirit.. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Hampton Inn while you were in Greenville. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Location was perfect. Room was clean and well furnished. The staff was very friendly. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which always has a great selection of items to choose from. We've stayed at several Hilton and Hampton locations and have always been satisfied. Definitely worth the price!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_AL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Casey,

On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Hampton Inn let me start by saying how delighted we are to have learn this was a return visit and that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that our guest feel our enthusiasm and our Hamptonality spirit.

We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us again. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great location on our trip to the gulf coast. The beds were comfortable in our clean room. Pool looked nice but it was to cold outside to try it out. Had an enjoyable breakfast with Judy the breakfast lady. Entire staff was friendly and helpful. We will definately stay again next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Hampton_AL, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Nathan,

On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Hampton Inn - Greenville Alabama, we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that our guest feel our enthusiasm and our Hamptonality spirit. Im sorry the weather wasn't warm enough for you to take a dip in our pool durning you recent trip. Perhaps you can visit soon as the weather is improving and the last couple of weeks have been great sun bathing and pool splashing weather. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I traveled to Greenville for business and as I always do, I looked for a Hilton brand hotel. My stay at Hampton Inn Greenville was as I expected, clean, friendly, and welcoming. And, there was a Cracker Barrel right next door. THANKS

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_AL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Lisa,

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Hampton Inn while you were in Greenville. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I decided on a little road trip that was spur of the moment. We decided on the Hampton Inn in Greenville, AL as we only stay at those hotels now. Great experience and we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton_AL, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Michelle,

My staff and I would like to thank you and your husband for your recent stay with us here in Greenville, AL and for your loyalty to our Brand. We strive to make each stay a great guess experience and when we have accomplished this goal then we have done our job. Again thanks for taking the time to post your comments.