“Barely average”

Hampton Inn Greenville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
“Barely average”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Not up to Hampton standards. Not well run, maintained or quiet I expected better. When I arrived, my room was right in the middle of a floor of HS basketball and cheerleaders and my room welcomed me as one of them? The room was small and dingy and older and not much resemblance to any Hamptons that I have stayed in. There was very little fruit in the morning and by the time I ate., it was badly picked over . Food could have been warmer. The noise was worse than I remember(have stayed here in the past). My room could use a makeover as the chair was soiled as well as the carpet. Their was a squealing/hissing sound coming from somewhere. I was just unimpressed with this Hampton and will not stay here again which is too bad as the location is perfect for my yearly trips.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_AL, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
The Villages, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The staff and hotel were very nice. From arrival to departure the staff was very helpful. Our only concern was the noise from the AC/heat unit. Because it was so cold (January 2014) the fan/heater never stopped running. It was not unusually loud just constant. Newer AC/heating units are quieter. The staff was good but needed to smile just a little bit more. I would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Eric,

Thank you for Submitting your review regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us.
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Arrived Monday evening. Staff was very nice and genuine. Hotel was well kept and very clean. Room was also very nice with nice toiletries. There is a Cracker Barrel immediately next door which was very convenient. I have stayed at Hilton Garden Inn's not as nice. Will definitely be back!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Allan S
Hampton_AL, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose Hampton Inn, while you were in Greenville, Alabama. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. .
Spring, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Overall stay was very nice. Beds and pillows were clean and comfortable. The lighting was good but could have used a little more at the desk. I think maybe one bulb burned out or jut not large enough. The breakfast was one of the best for most complimentary. I know i will travel to this area gain and will plan to stay here or another Hampton as most all I have stayed were very nice and comfortable in quietness, food and bedding,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Deborah L
On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Hampton Inn - Greenville Alabama, we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. While on-line please LIKE us on Facebook!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel approx 6 times durning 2012 while working in the area. I am a Hilton Diamond member and I was always impressed with the service this hotel provided! The hotel was always very clean as well as my room. The front desk staff and breakfast lady was always great. The management was excellent. I haven't seen the hotel since the remodel, but from the pics it looks great. I highly recommend this hotel to travelers. Good business center and wifi through out the hotel! I would like to say thank you to Ms. McDonald and her intire staff for always having a great stay from check in to checkout! I look forward to visiting this hotel again!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hampton_AL, Manager at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
First, I must thank you for your compliment about our hotel! We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that our guest feel our enthusiasm and sprit of Hamptonality. As you stated we have recently completed our Perfect Mix Lobby & Jump Start Fitness Center, we certainly hope you come back and visit us and experience the new atmosphere with in our new Perfect Mix Lobby & Jumo Start Fitness Center!!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel is in a good location convenient to the interstate. The room, bed, and bathroom were typical Hampton Inn quality, nothing unusual. The wireless internet worked as usual. The hot breakfast was typical, though might not have had the variety as some other Hampton Inns.

The staff (at least the ones I encountered), though, stood out. They were very friendly and helpful, and that can make a difference in your experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the Staff and Management of the Hampton Inn - Greenville Alabama, we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that our guest feel our enthusiasm and our Hamptonality spirit. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve; such as our breakfast selection as you pointed out. You are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Again, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.
Lake Charles, LA, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Was very pleased with our experience at Hampton Inn Greenville, AL. Room was tastfully decorated and very clean. Bed was very comfortable. Hotel staff very pleasant, polite, and helpful. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_AL, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Marcia,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. . And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town.