“3.5 stars”

Hampton Inn Greenville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed April 11, 2013

there is no option for half stars, but this property gets 3.5. It has a lot of the good things you expect from Hampton-- the breakfast was excellent and the rooms were clean. But the rooms were a little small (2 doubles instead of 2 queens). I also accidentally left a shirt in the closet and was disappointed that they claimed no one found it. Obviously it was my fault for leaving it and I would have been happy to pay for return shipping, but apparently it vanished.

But the property is right off the interstate and next to a few restaurants. Not a bad stop between Montgomery & Mobile.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
James L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Greenville

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is my second time staying at this Hampton and once again I was showered with great service. Jackie was very pleasant and helpful at check-in. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in as it looked like a totally new hotel. They told me that they had just recently renovated the Lobby, Breakfast and Fitness area. The one thing that really caught my attention was their new community table. I stay at alot of Hampton Inn hotels but haven't come across one of this finish. Very modern looking.
The hotel may appear old looking from outside but the rooms are very comfortable and clean and the staff is great!
See you on my next trip down

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
James L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

First, I must thank you for your compliment about Jackie; she was the desk clerk who greeted you at check-in. We have an excellent team here, going that extra mile to insure that our guest feel our enthusiasm and sprit of Hamptonality. As you stated we have recently completed our Perfect Mix Lobby & Jump Start Fitness Center and are pleased you liked the new décor.
We would like to thank you for your recent stay. We understand that you had many options to choose from to meet your lodging needs, and we appreciate your choice to stay with us. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

UNDER RENOVATION. Business travelers don't like unexpected surprises on their itinerary. I was greeted with those words on a whiteboard at the front entrance. No mention on the Hilton web site, no mention in the seemingly dozens of reservation reminders sent. The lobby was in disarray, with two large paintings leaning against a wall with "sold" stickers on them. My room was fine. Actually, Hamptons have the most comfortable beds and pillows of comparable hotel chains. Microwave and mini fridge. Wireless internet. closet with door. Easy chair and ottoman. Harsh lighting. Bathroom contained amble supply of good quality towels. The shower massage head would not adjust to different settings. Because the hotel was UNDER RENOVATION the fitness room was closed. They did offer the use of an affiliate hotel about a mile away. So, I got up a 1/2 hour early, trudged to my cold car and went to the other hotel which at least had a treadmill. The front desk thought I was crazy when I informed her of the arrangement, but shrugged and said, "well they're both owned by the same franchiser" and handed me a pass key. I found the employees at the Hampton a bit cool, not volunteering information unless asked. Breakfast was provided for free and it was fine, although it seemed a bother when I asked if they could replenish the fruit salad bowl. I'll look elsewhere next time. P.S. I tweeted about the renovation issue and representative from Hilton customer service acknowledged and apologized for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
James L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thanks for posting your review and we apologize for your inconvenience that you recently experience at our property while we are currently undergoing our Perfect Mix Lobby and Jump Start Fitness center. We have made arrangements with a neighboring Hotel that’s within a half of block for guest who are seeking a fitness/workout center. We are pleased to hear that your room accommodations meet your standards and you had a good night’s stay. It is with comments and reviews such as yours that let us know what we are doing right or wrong. We have taken your comments and have addressed them with our staff. Again we apologize for your inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back as our new look will be revealed soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

A mandatory evacuation from the Gulf, due to hurricane Isaac had us finding a room at a late hour. We felt lucky to find this room, but were pleasantly surprised at the great price, nice size of the room and lovely accomodations. The room was very clean, the a/c unit was very efficient (we like it cold when sleeping) and the location was very near the interstate. Our room was quiet and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. The staff were helpful and courteous. I'd recommend this Hampton Inn to whomever is deciding on which hotel to book in this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Only spent one night here on the way to Orange Bch, Al. The hotel was better than expected & we stay in a lot of Hampton Properties. Very clean, good wi-fi access, quiet, and good quality linens.
Will definitely stay again on the way to the beach.

Room Tip: High floors away from vending & ice machines. Less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This is second time staying at this location while on the way to MS. Both times the room was clean and it had a comfortable bed. The staff at check in and the ladies manning the breakfast area were so very nice. The morning ladies even went around and asked the guests if they needed anything. That was a first at a hotel free continental breakfast. We made our reservation via the Hampton website to take advantage of a AAA discount If given the opportunity again, we will stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on our way back from Gulf Shores. The hotel was excellent. I always prefer Hampton Inn's because I've never had a bad experience with any of their hotels. This hotel was extremely clean, bed linens were very soft, Wi-Fi access was excellent, very friendly hotel staff, larger size hotel room than usual, very quiet around the compex because it's location sits back off Interstate 65, pool area was great, bathrooms were renovated and beautiful, nice flat screen tv with lots of channels, AC unit wasn't noisy, and always had hot water. I have no complaints whatsoever. And the rate of $100/night couldn't be beat. Hampton Inn never disappoints. Even though we only stayed 1 night, it's definitely a great hotel is you needed to stay several nights.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor, fron of building, and never had any problems with noise. The pool is...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple