“Those Dreaded Words”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
Atlanta
“Those Dreaded Words”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

UNDER RENOVATION. Business travelers don't like unexpected surprises on their itinerary. I was greeted with those words on a whiteboard at the front entrance. No mention on the Hilton web site, no mention in the seemingly dozens of reservation reminders sent. The lobby was in disarray, with two large paintings leaning against a wall with "sold" stickers on them. My room was fine. Actually, Hamptons have the most comfortable beds and pillows of comparable hotel chains. Microwave and mini fridge. Wireless internet. closet with door. Easy chair and ottoman. Harsh lighting. Bathroom contained amble supply of good quality towels. The shower massage head would not adjust to different settings. Because the hotel was UNDER RENOVATION the fitness room was closed. They did offer the use of an affiliate hotel about a mile away. So, I got up a 1/2 hour early, trudged to my cold car and went to the other hotel which at least had a treadmill. The front desk thought I was crazy when I informed her of the arrangement, but shrugged and said, "well they're both owned by the same franchiser" and handed me a pass key. I found the employees at the Hampton a bit cool, not volunteering information unless asked. Breakfast was provided for free and it was fine, although it seemed a bother when I asked if they could replenish the fruit salad bowl. I'll look elsewhere next time. P.S. I tweeted about the renovation issue and representative from Hilton customer service acknowledged and apologized for the inconvenience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
James L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Greenville, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thanks for posting your review and we apologize for your inconvenience that you recently experience at our property while we are currently undergoing our Perfect Mix Lobby and Jump Start Fitness center. We have made arrangements with a neighboring Hotel that’s within a half of block for guest who are seeking a fitness/workout center. We are pleased to hear that your room accommodations meet your standards and you had a good night’s stay. It is with comments and reviews such as yours that let us know what we are doing right or wrong. We have taken your comments and have addressed them with our staff. Again we apologize for your inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back as our new look will be revealed soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2012

A mandatory evacuation from the Gulf, due to hurricane Isaac had us finding a room at a late hour. We felt lucky to find this room, but were pleasantly surprised at the great price, nice size of the room and lovely accomodations. The room was very clean, the a/c unit was very efficient (we like it cold when sleeping) and the location was very near the interstate. Our room was quiet and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. The staff were helpful and courteous. I'd recommend this Hampton Inn to whomever is deciding on which hotel to book in this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Only spent one night here on the way to Orange Bch, Al. The hotel was better than expected & we stay in a lot of Hampton Properties. Very clean, good wi-fi access, quiet, and good quality linens.
Will definitely stay again on the way to the beach.

Room Tip: High floors away from vending & ice machines. Less noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

This is second time staying at this location while on the way to MS. Both times the room was clean and it had a comfortable bed. The staff at check in and the ladies manning the breakfast area were so very nice. The morning ladies even went around and asked the guests if they needed anything. That was a first at a hotel free continental breakfast. We made our reservation via the Hampton website to take advantage of a AAA discount If given the opportunity again, we will stay here.

• Stayed July 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on our way back from Gulf Shores. The hotel was excellent. I always prefer Hampton Inn's because I've never had a bad experience with any of their hotels. This hotel was extremely clean, bed linens were very soft, Wi-Fi access was excellent, very friendly hotel staff, larger size hotel room than usual, very quiet around the compex because it's location sits back off Interstate 65, pool area was great, bathrooms were renovated and beautiful, nice flat screen tv with lots of channels, AC unit wasn't noisy, and always had hot water. I have no complaints whatsoever. And the rate of $100/night couldn't be beat. Hampton Inn never disappoints. Even though we only stayed 1 night, it's definitely a great hotel is you needed to stay several nights.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor, fron of building, and never had any problems with noise. The pool is...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed at this location on a recent Friday night in June. Check in was quick and I was given Room 116. I was afraid that this room would be noisy since it was on the ground floor, was the room closest to the reception desk, and the window faced Interstate 65. I should not have worried as the room was very quiet both from the hallway and the road. While the window faces the Interstate highway, there is a frontage road and very wide shoulder between I-65 and the hotel and the hotel is on a rise, so there is very little road noise even outside the hotel. Also the hotel had good room darkening curtains. For those that like white noise, the hotel a/c lets you run the fan all the time for background noise.

The room was a king room with a pull out sofa bed. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave. The bath room had ample space and a shower/tub combination.

The hotel is next door to a Cracker Barrel and down the street from a Shoney's. Many other dining choices, including the Bates House of Turkey are only a few blocks away.

While I was visiting on business, I noticed that the hotel catered mainly to families and those driving through the area. Despite this I did not have a problem with noisy children or guests running or loitering in the hallways.

The hotel has a small outdoor pool which was a nice amenity.

I had to check out at 5:45 on Saturday morning. While I was told that the complimentary breakfast was not served until 6 AM, the breakfast was already out when I checked out and the staff made sure I helped myself.

While this is not a new hotel, it appears to have been recently renovated and refreshed. The stay and the staff were great, and I will definitely stay here again if I am in Greenville or travelling through.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AlabamaTraveler0
fletcher
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This Hampton Inn is right next to a Wal-Mart and next to several fast food places. The value is a little low due to the price, but it is still a nice property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business