“The right place at the right time”

Hampton Inn Greenville
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Greenville
Georgia
“The right place at the right time”
Reviewed March 8, 2008

We got a late start on our trip to Destin, Florida. Rather than trying to push all the way through we decided to spend the night in Greenville. This left us only about a three hour drive to the beach. This motel has been recently renovated.

The lobby was very nice, the staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. The room and bathroom was clean. The Cloud Nine bed was comfortable. My wife has to have a firm bed and, even though this was soft, it was very supportive. The room had a new 27 inch LCD TV. Too bad the cable TV was all analog. HDTV would have been a nice touch.

Breakfast in the morning was typical of Hampton Inn, which means it was several steps up from typical motel fare. Checkout was easy.

If you are going to play golf, visit, or just pass through, this is an excellent motel. We used a hotel coupon from the Red Coupon book from the Alabama welcome center. At $64 this was an excellent value!

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness, Room decorations
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mobile,AL
Reviewed November 1, 2007

As noted previously, this property is nearing the completion of a major renovation that should be completed by the end of 2007.I noted no obvious concerns with regards to security during my one night stay prior to playing golf at the great RTJ course(Cambrian Ridge) that is only about 5 miles away from this Hampton. The front desk staff was courteous and efficient. The room I stayed in was clean and well equipped. The breakfast area was clean with good choices and a friendly, helpful attendant available if needed. The Internet access was easy at a new terminal in the lobby with no waiting. One would only choose this location if you had a car but there is a Cracker Barrel right next door if you didn't have a car.

• Liked — Location near Cambrian Ridge golf course
  • Disliked — Ongoing renovation that will be completed soon
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank MobileResident
Alabama
Reviewed October 28, 2007

Hotel is beautiful and everything you expect from Hampton Inn and Southern Hospitality: great staff, all the usual amenities. However, we had a security concern due to the fact that we observed a hotel employee asking a non-employee (contractor renovating rooms) for his passkey.

This non-employee also had the lobby computer tied up from 3pm to midnight every day, browsing pictures of hotel rooms (ours?) on his Yahoo page.

We set traps on our luggage and discovered that our rooms were being entered several times daily, and our luggage rifled through. We lost some cash; canceled our credit cards immediately in case they had been carboned.

The manager did not take us seriously, nor even ask us for more information about our complaint.

The good news is that shortly after we moved out and came back with a police officer, the contractor in question packed his suitcase and slipped out the back door of the hotel. With any luck, management will be careful not to hand out passkeys to non-employees in the future, and others will be safe in a fine hotel.

• Liked — Friendly Staff and comfort
  • Disliked — Inattentive management
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank spacetraveler_7
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2007

This Hampton Inn was a good stay and I would recommend it for travelers. It is going to be going under a total renovation and that should be completed by December 2007. However, the rooms are very nice and I would not in any way find it sub standard. The bathrooms are older but very clean and no complaints. The breakfast was up to Hampton Inn standards and very pleasant and attentive hostess.

• Stayed September 2007
los angeles, ca
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We (my wife and I) stayed here for three nights to attend a family reunion.

We found the room to be clean and in good shape. Plus it had a refrigerator and a microwave. (Very handy if you don't want to eat all your meals in restaurants). It even had a guest laundry (complimentary wash/dry, and $1 for a box of soap). Even though we had a room overlooking the interstate, it was very quiet.

Everyone gushed about how comfortable the beds were, but I found it a bit soft for my tastes.

The bathroom was clean, but the caulking around the tub could have used a little work. Speaking of which; there was a lot of construction noise (tile cutting, etc.) during the day; but that does show that the management is interested in maintaining/upgrading the hotel.

There is a rather small pool in the back parking lot; it seemed to be well taken care of as well.

The continental breakfast provided is adequate, but there are a couple of restaurants within walking distance (Cracker Barrel and Shoney's) if you want something more.

• Liked — refrigerator and microwave, guest laundry
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Temporary
Lake Norman
Reviewed October 10, 2005

The Hampton Inn was completely booked due to the Hurricane Katrina & Hurrican Rita victims. Luckily, I was able to get the last room as I made my way down to Louisianna. Even though the staff was probably tired from having a booked hotel for several weeks, they were always very friendly and cheerful. Even the lady setting up the breakfast buffet at 4 a.m. was cheerful! The rooms were very well appointed and everything was clean. Highly recommended.

Hartselle, Alabama
Reviewed May 30, 2005

I reserved a room online, and had a speedy check-in about 11:00 p.m. The room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable. I was very pleased with the hotel and breakfast. I chose Hampton Inn for my HiltonHonors points and recommended it to the other couple traveling with us, even though it cost a little bit more than the nearby hotels.
Caution - Do not leave any valuables in your room.
Our fault, we left a wallet in the room around 8:30 a.m. at checkout. Less than an hour later, my husband realized where he had left it and called. It was not handled very well or professionally by the staff and cleaning crew who did not seem to care. I was told to "call back" twice to see if they had found it, and then instructed to leave a voicemail message for the manager who would return 2 days later.
The next day I called again, and a very nice staff member wrote a report about the incident (a day later!).
After repeatedly calling the hotel and the HiltonHonors office, I was left with the impression of - sorry, thanks for staying, please stay again.
I realize the wallet is gone. It is our fault for forgetting it. I also know we left at 8:30 a.m., called to check about it at 9:30 a.m., and check-in is at 3:00 p.m. I was nice and polite the entire time. I am not sure what I expected, but I am not happy with how we were treated in this situation. Actually, when I first called, I expected the staff to go to the room immediately and get the wallet. I can not slander the hotel because I can not prove anything, but you can figure out who entered the room within an hour of us leaving and what happened to the wallet.

I will never stay at a Hilton brand hotel again because of the way this was handled.

Stayed May 2005