“About what you would expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Shoney's

Shoney's
Ranked #18 of 27 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cookeville, Tennessee
“About what you would expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We arrived in Greenville in time for a late lunch on Saturday. Our plan had been to eat at a different nearby chain restaurant (CB), but the wait there was 40+ minutes and we were hungry. So, Shoney's it was.

We expected a cheap lunch buffet and we got what we expected. Not a huge selection, and the fried chicken was REALLY greasy. But... it was cheap and plentiful and no more or less than we expected.

Pros: the staff were fantastic. We were greeted in a friendly way, quickly seated, and our server was attentive. Also... prices were very competitive.

Cons: not so many choices on the buffet as I would have liked, and the quality was so-so.

• Visited July 2014

“Less than impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on vacation and were less than impressed with it. We arrived around noon, though busy we were sat right away. The food was hot and fresh. The fried chicken was good too. However, the hot food selection was rather lacking in my opinion. The server never bothered to clear any of the plates from the table until after we got up to pay. She offered my husband a refill on his coke, but not my water. Also, the lady working the buffet didn't rotate any of the pans. She just dumped the fresh food on top of the old food. If you aren't going during a rush, I'd wonder how fresh the food really was. Considering it was $15 for the both of us to eat, we got what we paid for.

Slidell, Louisiana
“We always stop here for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

This Shoney's is located about where/when we want to stop for lunch on our way south on I-65. Right at the exit. Easy to get to and get back on the interstate highway.

Great buffet lunch with fried chicken, meat loaf, catfish, veggies, and salads. Good "down home" cooking. Reasonably priced.

• Visited December 2013