“Left my wallet there and they overnighted it to me!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bates House of Turkey
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Left my wallet there and they overnighted it to me!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stopped at the Bates House of Turkey on the way back to north Atlanta from Biloxi on the recommendation of a friend from Alabama. I left my wallet there and didn't realize it until we were home. When I called the next day, they couldn't have been nicer and said they had it would overnight to me. They would not take the offered cash that I told them to keep in the wallet. I received it with all credit cards and cash intact. How refreshing!!
And the food was good too!!! If you like turkey, this is awesome! Three of us got turkey and dressing with veggies and it was really good! Turkey sandwich was a smaller portion of meat than expected but was good. This is the type of restaurant where you order at the counter and then they call you name...very informal, but perfect for stopping on the road and a nice alternative to fast-food.

• Visited February 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“If you like turkey dinners more often than holidays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Bates House of Turkey, "Eat Turkey, Feel Perky", is a pleasant roadtrip change from chain restaurants. It is owned by a loal turkey farm and specializes in dinners of roast sliced turkey with gravy, cornbread dressing and two sides, or variations, as well as hot turkey sandwiches, turkey soups and chilis, turkey lasagna and turkey salads. The turkey is sliced very thinly but is moist and the gravy is good. This is old fashioned and served in a pleasant dining room with flowered paper. People seemed to be pouring in the day we were there, both to place their orders at the counter and then take a seat or for carryout.

Cincinnati
“Gobble Gobble! Every day is Turkey Day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Every time my business travels head south, I plan my route down I-65 so that I can have my favorite meal! Now if your looking for table cloths, silverware, ambience, keep on driving, cause This Aint the Place! But, if a Great Turkey dinner is what you crave, plastic forks and all, you will love the food. I could eat this meal every day, so it's not much of a stretch for me, but you can't go wrong, for a great alternative to the fast food menagerie that clutters our highways. Give it a shot, you'll love it!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“If You Like Turkey You Will Like This Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stop here two or three times a year when we travel North or South on I-65, My wife always moans and groans when I stop because she says their prices are to high but that doesn't stop her from jumping out of the car and running inside to place her order before I have a chance to put the car in park.

The turkey they offer is moist and tender and you can get all the standard thanksgiving type side dishes or you can get a plane old turkey sandwich with Mayo to eat in or take out, Their prices are a little steep but the place is very clean (Cleaner Then Most Of the Places You Find In Alabama) and the turkey is very good but you do need to add the salt and pepper to suit your taste.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Best Turkey all around !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

ample portions and excellent side dishes as well!!
has been in the same location in excess of forty years.
try the open-faced sandwich with extra gravy...melts in your mouth !!!

• Visited November 2012