“Neat little place”

PieLab
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Small town cafe established for the revitalization of Main Street in downtown Greensboro. Check us out on Facebook and Instagram! Pie Lab
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My daughter had been telling me about Pie Lab and promised me a visit when I went to see her in Tuscaloosa. I was thinking - a 45 minute drive from Tuscaloosa to Greensboro for lunch? Must be worth it! Well we went - and yes it was worth it! Pie lab is a plain place with a limited menu - but had exactly what we were looking for: Quiche and Pie! We both had the cheese quiche, which came with a small side salad - we opted for the house dressing, a lemon based vinaigrette, which was light and tasty. I don't usually order dessert - but of course had to get some at a place with Pie in the name. We split the peach cobbler pie - yum. Both the quiche and pie were delicious. They also had pizza on the menu (which the men next to us ordered and devoured). Service: Order at the counter, and they bring to table, which was a wooden bench, wooden table. The 2 ladies working there were not so friendly at first, but they warmed up to us later as we chatted with them about the restaurant. The inside of the restaurant is very plain, but is clean and large, with a bit of a quirky atmosphere. We bought some pecan butter when checking out; if they still have some for sale - BUY SOME.
Note: Pie Lab does not have quiche for breakfast.(they told us they have coffee and pie for bkfast). They start serving quiche at lunchtime. We went too early and had to go back later.

4  Thank TampaTraveloer

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Pie Lab makes any kind of pie there is (pizzas, quiches, apple, cherry, cheesecake, etc.), but in limited quantities, and certain menus on certain days. This is not a full-blown restaurant, but is a local revitalization initiative using local ingredients and local workers only. Give this growing business a break if it doesn't meet expectations ... just get there early and go more than once. We were there several times this past week, and only one visit I did not find something to please the palate - but that was because we got there after the normal lunch hour. Every other time we were more than sufficiently delighted - and yet I never usually eat pizza or sweet pie!

3  Thank JaneYost