“Great fast BBQ, but the outdoor seating needs to be screened in”
Review of kendall's barbeque

kendall's barbeque
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Georgiana
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: located at Georgiana, Alabama exit 114 off I-65 south
Description: located at Georgiana, Alabama exit 114 off I-65 south
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stopped in for lunch on a Sunday after reading great reviews here on TripAdvisor! We were on our way home from the beach, and wanted something fast that was not fast food, and you guys did not disappoint. The BBQ was very good, and the sides were fresh and hot. (My family loved the corn nuggets!) I would give it a 5/5 but for 2 problems: 1) they only have outdoor seating, and it was hot that day - shade would have been great, 2) the love bugs were out, and they were EVERYWHERE. We had to spend the whole meal swatting at the bugs while eating. :(

Would be great if they would cover and screen in their porch. Nonetheless, it was very good food.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Roadside BBQ is hit or miss, but Kendall's is a home run. In 2011, we stopped for gas on our way to Ft. Walton Beach, Fla. I tried it on a dare from my daughter -- and boy am I glad I did! It is now a family tradition. We time our trips, so we hit Kendall's about lunch time. This year, I tried the shrimp -- I was blown away! for about $8, I got a shrimp dinner that would have cost me $29.95 at the beach! I got a pile of HUGE gulf shrimp that I had to share with my son, because I couldn't eat my pulled pork sandwich and all that shrimp. The pulled pork is really cut pork. It is smoked (but not too over powering). It is very juicy and very tender. My family always gets the small sandwich, wich seems to be plenty for a lunch. The sauce is red sauce -- not too sweet, but not too hot -- very balanced. Ask for some extra on the side. They add the sauce to the sandwich -- some people might think there is not enough sauce.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stopped at Kendall's BBQ on the way to Gulf Shores. It has a wide range of sides and BBQ as well as outdoor seating. It is solid BBQ and worth the stop. Everything was served hot. My only complaint is they charged me for a cup of water I guess to cover the cost of the cup.

Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

This place is so cute! Really good bbq, pic nic benches to eat on outside. It's right of the highway on i65 going from Biloxi, MS up north.

1  Thank lisa-toly
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Kendall's Barbeque is located in Georgiana, Alabama, just off Exit 114 of I-65, adjacent to a BP station on the northwest corner of the exit. You will see the (usually crowded) BP gas station and then a small grey shack beside it (yes, it's actually a free-standing shack) with a Kendall's Barbecue sign above it. There is something else you will notice: there are more cars next to the shack than there are in line for gas at the BP! You place your order at the window and wait on the little picnic benches for the girl to open the side window and call your order out. It's very fast--and very good. A large pulled pork sandwich (almost too big to get your mouth around) is only $4.76 (tax included) and they have fries and also chicken and beef sandwiches. But the large chunks of pulled pork are what you are after. I would put this little place up against any barbecue place I've ever been to--and I've been to a lot of them. The barbecue is cooked right there in the back of the shack and, for the money, the value is top flight. IF you have any room left in your full stomachs, try the creme cheese pound cake for dessert. Since this is the primary exit off Interstate 65 South for folks headed to the Destin-area beaches--it's a perfect place to gas up and grab lunch, all in one stop. You will love this barbecue!

1  Thank dra319