“Bad food...bad service.”

Dining options: Reservations
Boaz,Al
“Bad food...bad service.”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Pitiful is the one word that sums it up best. My party waited 10 minutes after being seated before our drink order was taken (it seemed to be more important to the waitress to clean the table behind us that no one was waiting on)..then when our drink order was taken I must have been invisible because she left the table without asking me what I wanted to drink...I had to bring this to her attention when she brought the other drinks (not a big deal but lets continue)..this is also when we were finally given menus to look at..but not enough menus..10 people and we shared 5 menus. We finally got our food about an hour after we sat down, I was hoping it was worth the wait..it wasn't. I had fried red snapper that was so tough I had to use my butter knife to cut/saw it with. I could have gotten a better piece of fish at Captain D's. My wife had hamburger steak that she said was dry and tough..I tasted it and she was right..it was like chewing leather. We ordered my son a hot dog from the kids menu..30 minutes after ordering the waitress returned to tell us they were out of hot dogs. My daughter ordered a meatball sub which actually looked pretty good...she got sick at her stomach a couple hours later. All this for a little over $50 (without tip). By the way, out of the other six in my party only one said their meal was good. That one was my 90 year old grandmother doesn't have it in her to ever say a bad thing about anyone or anything. Stay way.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank jshale11

Buchanan, GA
“Lovely dining experience!”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband recommended The Lighthouse Restaurant to me, he has been eating there for years. We went Sunday and had a delightful meal. The fried green tomatoes were done exactly right and the baked potato was thoroughly cooked and very delightful. My popcorn shrimp was delicious and the servings were huge while the prices were very reasonable. My husband had a nice flaky grouper and it was also a huge serving. We were too full to try dessert but hope to next time. We've already booked a room for the Liberty Car Show July 2 so we'll have more opportunities to try the rest of the menu.
Our service was very prompt and the young lady was very friendly.

• Visited June 2011
4 Thank CaroleJohnsonJohnson
Downers Grove, Illinois
“First nice restaurant, outside Chicago”
Reviewed September 20, 2009

The Lighthouse Restaurant is set right on the lake with a spacious outdoor patio, available for drinks and dinner. Inside, the decor is that of a comfortbale yacht club, with the long bar made to look like a yacht ran ashore. Reservations are highly encouraged, as this is a relatviely new spot with delicious food.

Drink special that night included $4 martinis! Full bar is available. Our party chose the crab cakes ($10) and spinach and artichoke dip ($7) for appetizers.

Strip steak for $22 was cooked perfectly and the perch ($17) had 5 pieces of fish. Garlic mashed potatoes were quite tasty. Their ribeye is ($19), although we think my strip steak was a bigger piece of meat and a better value. Steaks came with 2 sides, thus very nice to not have everything a la carte! Our server, who shall remain nameless, could have been a bit quicker to serve us our drinks. When we looked around for him, he was chatting it up with another server at the bar, while we waited for our drinks. Kind of frustrating when the next table, who was seated after us, had their drinks and appetizers already. Oh well. Our food made up for it. We all would definitely return!!

5 Thank alexandria920
Chicago, IL
“A diamond in the ruff for early April crappie fisherman--like a 5 star supper club in Wisconsin!!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We visit Weiss Lake the first week in April for the world class crappie fishing and we stay at Pruett's Fish Camp in a luxurious two bedroom lakeside cottage. When we asked our fishing guide, who lives in Cedar Bluff, where is the best place to eat after a long day of crappie fishing and where you can have spirits too he recommended the Lighthouse restaurant. Wow!! We were blown away by the quality of the food. Great ribeye steaks and
freshwater fish, quick service, and very friendly and professional waitstaff--just like the best supper clubs in Wisconsin! Our fishing party ate there both weekend nites, although the place is always busy then we still found our favorite table by the TV for sporting events!
The food was consistently great both nites.

6 Thank worldtravelers2