“Slow and pricey but tasty”

Jim ‘N Nick’s BAR-B-Q
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Gardendale
Description: Ribs. Pork. Chicken. Brisket. Hell, even sausage. All BBQ has the same three basic ingredients: smoke, meat and time. What makes it different is the amount, consideration and attention to each part of that recipe. That, and some really great bbq sauce, too. At Jim ‘N Nick’s, we pride ourselves on using the right ingredients, taking our time and honoring the traditions that brought us barbecue.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went after the lunch crowd, was seated imediatly and still had a long wait for our food ( one pork sandwich and one burger) server was great however, we went there because I was to hungry to drive to my BBQ of choice (Carlisels) turned out the time for food was the same.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Overall just an average dining place. Food is good but nothing so special. Service was good but again nothing special. The atmosphere was cramped and LOUD. I LITERALLY FELT LIKE I WAS YELLING THE WHOLE MEAL. I COULD NOT EVEN TALK TO MY DAUGHTER WHO WAS ONE PERON AWAY FROM ME BECAUSE SHE COULD NOT HERE ME. THE WATER HAD TO CROUCH DOWN RIGHT IN OUR PERSONAL SPACE JUST TO GET OUR ORDERS. just some more space and a little less noise would make the only really experience more enjoyable for many!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My better half and I were driving through and decided to go for some barbecue on the road. Jim 'n Nick's, while a chain, hasn't ever disappointed us. On this visit, the food was just as good as we expected, the rolls were hot (and didn't last long), and best of all the food was ready for us to pick up exactly when it was supposed to be, allowing us to get back on the road.

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

By far the best bar-b-q restaurant we've ever been to. The service was terrific and the food was amazing! My husband and I both had the brisket and it was so tender, it melted in our mouths. But the most wonderful surprise is the cheese biscuits! Delicious!! And they sell the mix there. Can't wait to make them for the family this weekend. So happy Jim N Nicks popped up on my GPS!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I order drive thru every few months. It is very good and very convenient as it is across the street from the grocery store and only 2 miles from my house. I think their prices could be a little better for the quantity of food you get but I only go when I want to splurge.