“The pull-up knob for the shower did not work. It was stuck...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gardendale
Reviewed November 22, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The motel was great:! well located, clean, good food nearby,........... But the Football weekend was a bummer!!!!!!!!!---we lost the game!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Traveling with 2 of my husband's sisters for a girls' getaway to Florida, we stopped here for an overnight stay on our way down. The rest of our group left a day later, so it was just the 3 of us at this hotel.
We arrived after midnght sometime, and were quickly checked in. I asked for their best rate, and was told AAA rate was it unless we had a coupon. I thought, we're checking well after midnight, and told clerk we'd be gone early, yet she couldn't be nice enough to give us the coupon rate that we would have had if we'd picked it up at the rest stop?? Seems like she could have done that since we were only going to be there a matter of hours. Oh well.
So we got to our room which was ok. Nothing special by any means, but adequate. It wasn't really dirty, but it also didn't feel all that clean. The beds were fairly comfortable, there was a MW and Fridge as well. Didn't notice any excessive noise while we were there.
Upon stopping on the way out for the continental breakfast, we found very little to eat. Cereal, bagels, waffle mix/maker, coffee, sour OJ, apple juice, unrefrigerated milk, and that was it. There was a toaster, but no bread. My SIL had to go out to the car to get bread in order to have some toast. I had part of a waffle; not very tasty. No fruit, no pastries, no muffins, no cups until we pulled them out from under the counter. Worst of all, no concern from the desk clerk that there so little food stocked on the breakfast bar.
The place was ok, but I definitely would not stop there again. The price was way too high, even with AAA discount, for what we got. Ranks as a $45/night place at best.
The only plus; location was easy access on and off the highway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2012

For a low cost, last minute option I was expecting the worst and was quite surprised. Other reviews reflect some cleanliness issues but I did not note any of those. The staff was friendly. The room was fine. I felt I got more than I paid for as I have stayed in MUCH worse for MUCH more.
The Good
Location - enough restaurants around and close to the Warrior Dash that we were partaking in
Staff - friendly and helpful

The Not As Good
AC was loud
Tile in lobby was cracked and needed attention

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and, while I had a view of a hill, it was quiet