“Best hotel I think I Have ever stayed in and Ive been in alot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gardendale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Traveling with 2 of my husband's sisters for a girls' getaway to Florida, we stopped here for an overnight stay on our way down. The rest of our group left a day later, so it was just the 3 of us at this hotel.
We arrived after midnght sometime, and were quickly checked in. I asked for their best rate, and was told AAA rate was it unless we had a coupon. I thought, we're checking well after midnight, and told clerk we'd be gone early, yet she couldn't be nice enough to give us the coupon rate that we would have had if we'd picked it up at the rest stop?? Seems like she could have done that since we were only going to be there a matter of hours. Oh well.
So we got to our room which was ok. Nothing special by any means, but adequate. It wasn't really dirty, but it also didn't feel all that clean. The beds were fairly comfortable, there was a MW and Fridge as well. Didn't notice any excessive noise while we were there.
Upon stopping on the way out for the continental breakfast, we found very little to eat. Cereal, bagels, waffle mix/maker, coffee, sour OJ, apple juice, unrefrigerated milk, and that was it. There was a toaster, but no bread. My SIL had to go out to the car to get bread in order to have some toast. I had part of a waffle; not very tasty. No fruit, no pastries, no muffins, no cups until we pulled them out from under the counter. Worst of all, no concern from the desk clerk that there so little food stocked on the breakfast bar.
The place was ok, but I definitely would not stop there again. The price was way too high, even with AAA discount, for what we got. Ranks as a $45/night place at best.
The only plus; location was easy access on and off the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dothan, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

For a low cost, last minute option I was expecting the worst and was quite surprised. Other reviews reflect some cleanliness issues but I did not note any of those. The staff was friendly. The room was fine. I felt I got more than I paid for as I have stayed in MUCH worse for MUCH more.
The Good
Location - enough restaurants around and close to the Warrior Dash that we were partaking in
Staff - friendly and helpful

The Not As Good
AC was loud
Tile in lobby was cracked and needed attention

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and, while I had a view of a hill, it was quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ELBERTA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was not impressed with this hotel. When my friend and I first entered our room, we noticed a "mystery stain" near the ceiling of the bathroom, later determined as feces. The smoke alarm was also beeping when we entered the room so we had made a call to the front desk to get both problems resolved. They were very prompt in cleaning the stain and changing the batteries in the smoke alarm; the employee was also very polite. After he had left though, I noticed another questionable stain on the bed skirting. I thought about bringing that to the attention of the front desk but we decided to let it go. Overall, the staff was very polite and the location was perfect for our visit, but the condition of our room was just unacceptable. I have stayed in worse hotels, but paying $220 for our two nights was ridiculous for what this room was. I will probably not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Travelers are raving about these Gardendale hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardendale
BEST WESTERN PLUS Gardendale
Comfort Suites Fultondale
Comfort Suites Fultondale
#4 of 7 in Fultondale
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale? Share your experiences!