“Very good...kind of surprised”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gardendale
Dothan, Alabama, United States
“Very good...kind of surprised”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

For a low cost, last minute option I was expecting the worst and was quite surprised. Other reviews reflect some cleanliness issues but I did not note any of those. The staff was friendly. The room was fine. I felt I got more than I paid for as I have stayed in MUCH worse for MUCH more.
The Good
Location - enough restaurants around and close to the Warrior Dash that we were partaking in
Staff - friendly and helpful

The Not As Good
AC was loud
Tile in lobby was cracked and needed attention

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and, while I had a view of a hill, it was quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
ELBERTA
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was not impressed with this hotel. When my friend and I first entered our room, we noticed a "mystery stain" near the ceiling of the bathroom, later determined as feces. The smoke alarm was also beeping when we entered the room so we had made a call to the front desk to get both problems resolved. They were very prompt in cleaning the stain and changing the batteries in the smoke alarm; the employee was also very polite. After he had left though, I noticed another questionable stain on the bed skirting. I thought about bringing that to the attention of the front desk but we decided to let it go. Overall, the staff was very polite and the location was perfect for our visit, but the condition of our room was just unacceptable. I have stayed in worse hotels, but paying $220 for our two nights was ridiculous for what this room was. I will probably not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Travelers are raving about these Gardendale hotels

HUNTSVILLE
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stay here whenever we're in the area. The staff if friendly & helpful, the room is comfortable, the breakfast is quite adequate. The location is right off the interstate but quiet. It's next door to a Wal-Mart and near several restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

ROME
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Would have preferred the availability of an exercise room and a computer access in the lobby and hot items in the breakfast area. Otherwise, the stay was pleasant and convenient location to the places we planned to visit in Birmingham.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardendale
Best Western Plus Gardendale
Comfort Suites Fultondale
#4 of 7 in Fultondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale? Share your experiences!