“Adequate hotel while traveling through”

Best Western Gardendale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gardendale
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family stopped at this hotel on our way to Florida. For a one night stay, this is an adequate hotel. The rooms were very clean, however, the decor was very out-dated. Front desk staff was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was very basic but there was an employee constantly clearing tables and keeping the breakfast items replenished. The outdoor swimming pool was clean. All in all this was a good choice at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 27, 2011

The first room I was assigned smelled musty and the carpet looked very dirty. The woman at the front desk had one room left which smelled better but didn't look better. When I looked on their website, I was under the impression that the waffles would be 'homemade' and there would be other hot offerings. There was gravy that did not appear fresh and the waffles were along the line of Egos that needed to be toasted. When trying to checkout the man at the desk wasn't able to run our gift cards. When I went back to the desk to make sure I had his name when I called corporate he did give me the option of leaving the cards with my phone number on the back. The next person did call as promised and I was able to use the gift cards but it was inconvenient. The pool also did not open until 10 am.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dei0

Thank you for staying at Best Western gardendale

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Hotel was nice and clean. Beds were small but comfortable. Rooms offered refrigerator and microwave and there was a small breakfast in lobby Overall it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Jamie3h

Thank you for staying at Best Western Gardendale

Reviewed April 21, 2010

We stayed for two nights in early April 2010. Average, run-of-the-mill place. We had a king suite that had plenty of space for the two of us and our preschooler. Sofa pulls out into a bed, and there's a mini-fridge and microwave- musts for traveling with kids. The room was very clean, and the staff was professional. The continental breakfast did the job- toast, Danish, muffins, fruit, and biscuits and gravy. The location is a little weird.

Cons: poor tv reception, poor wi-fi signal in room (free but barely strong enough to even use). Also, the gym equipment needs updating. Several machines didn't work.

Still, we will stay here again. It served its purpose.

2  Thank atlanta_trav

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 205 631 1181.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your feedback

Reviewed November 3, 2009

We recently stayed at this Best Western for one night on our way to Birmingham. The staff were all very friendly and helpful especially with getting our rooms switched to adjoining ones. The rooms were clean, the beds comfy. We booked the King suites and it was nice to have a couch to sit on instead of just the bed or desk area. The complimentary breakfast offered a variety of choices and there was plenty of food available. The location is right off I-65 but we didn't hear any noise from the highway at all. It is a quick drive to downtown Birmingham, about 10mins. The internet in the room worked well & fast. The business centre also worked well and we were able to print items.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying at Best Western Gardendale

Reviewed June 17, 2009

My son's baseball team participated in a tournament in Gardendale. We experienced a pretty nasty storm during which the power went out. We stayed on the third floor. Only one of the emergency lights worked on the entire floor. The stairwell was lit by one light on the second floor. After about an hour, that light went out, and the stairwell was completely black! The power was out for 2 & 1/2 hours!

The next morning, I asked if I could get a discount because of the loss of electricity and the problem with the emergency lighting. The desk clerk was quick to inform me that the hotel didn't offer discounts nor did she have any control over the weather (like I wasn't aware of that!). When I asked about the emergency lighting, she again told me they had no control over those things! I think the Fire Marshall would disagree!

Our entire team had planned two more multi-night stays at this same hotel, but we changed our location after this stay. I contacted the main office, but I have yet to hear from them. If you decide to stay at this location, be sure to pack a couple of flashlights and extra batteries! (And the drink machine on the third floor didn't work, so we had to use the one in the lobby!)

On a positive note, the night staff was VERY helpful and friendly. The morning housekeeper also went out of her way to be as helpful and accommodating as she possibly could, and the rooms were clean!

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank 09BaseballMom

Reviewed January 21, 2009

My father died Jan. 16 and my family stayed at the Best Western in Gardendale on the 17th. The Inn was very clean and well kept and the staff was very nice. I could not have asked for a better place to stay. When I go back to visit my friends I would not hesitate to stay at this Inn and would recommend it to anyone. The Inn was also near anything that we needed but was located by itself on a hill where there was no traffic.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

BEST WESTERN Gardendale

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardendale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Birmingham North - Fultondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale

Been to Best Western Gardendale? Share your experiences!