“Nice overnight rest.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was much nicer than I expected for the money. I will definately stay here again if I am ever in the area. The only reason I don't rate it better is the contental breakfast was not as good as I had hoped.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank PcolaWinger

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed for three nights. It is an older motel. The rate was great. The room was clean and comfortable. As other guests have stated, there was a fridge but no microwave. I cannot comment on breakfast because I never got up early enough to get it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Colleen U
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Reserved 7 rooms for senior softball players (65 and above) and did not hear one negative comment. Rooms were freshly painted and well maintained with all accessories working, (fridge, micro, dryer, etc.) Very helpful and friendly staff. When we play our next tournament in the area this will be the place to stay. Clean, comfortable, good location and great rate. BTW call the hotel direct for reservations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Len A
Reviewed January 29, 2012

As other reviews have said, this is a good no-frills hotel. Check-in was quick. The room was clean and everything worked properly. Our room did have a fridge but no microwave or coffee pot. Service is good. I accidently locked myself out of my room and they gave me another card with no problem. They advertise a continental breakfast, but we checked between 7 and 9 a,m. and there was nothing there.
However, McDonald's is right down the street so we went there for breakfast. If you are just looking for a bed to sleep in for the night, this is a safe bet.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank luvmytravels
Reviewed November 3, 2011

The Rodeway Inn is pretty no-frills. There's no coffee maker, though there is a microwave and a small fridge. The tissue dispenser was empty. But the linens are all clean and the wifi works ok. The room is clean overall. The price for the night was about $50 including all tax (they quoted $40 and then the other $10 was a surprise tax add-on. That's right in line with similar motels around here.

There are a few restaurants within a mile or so. 5 miles up the road is a Super Walmart that is open 24 hours. There are train tracks very close by and you can hear the train loudly in the parking lot, though I haven't heard anything from inside of my room. The neighborhood feels relatively safe and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Steamrabbit
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here on our way to TN. The hotel room and bathroom were very clean, the room didn't smell like smoke at all. They had a refrigerator and small microwave that worked well. The WI-FI connection was very strong. The front desk clerk was very friendly, however i only encounterd one person at the hotel. The breakfast wasn't bad either. If your looking for the best bang for your buck and a hotel room under $50, I highly recommend this place. I also liked the fact that it's right off the freeway.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sejal d
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while traveling from PA to the gulf shores of Alabama. We picked up a coupon in a couple book at a nearby gas station and paid $41.81 with tax for a room with two double beds.

We always ask to look at a room before we pay. I'm not sure this helps get us a cleaner room but it couldn't hurt. We looked in and it was clean. We are non-smokers and only required a one night stay to rest from travel.

The room was bug free, clean with clean sheets. We didn't smell any smoke and the bathroom also appeared clean. The room we stayed in had a small fridge and microwave (both worked fine) and a vanity separate from the shower/toilet area.

We slept there and awoke the next morning to move on. The hotel advertises wi-fi, which worked perfectly and it was fast. They also advertise a continental breakfast from 7am to 9:30am. My husband went down around 9am and it was wiped clean. He stated they only had one type of cereal and even that was down to the crumbs at the bottom and one type of pastry that looked terrible.

Obviously we didn't stay there for the breakfast so we were not too disappointed. I would give this hotel three stars. It was clean and quiet but the breakfast was disappointing and we paid about $8 for breakfast at McD's down the road before we started our trip.

Jennifer at the front desk was friendly. She was the only staff member we met and she was there when we checked in around 8pm and left around 9am.

Room Tip: Always ask to view a room before agreeing to pay. Also, there was a coupon in the coupon book at the...