“Best bang for your buck”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Rosemead, California
“Best bang for your buck”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here on our way to TN. The hotel room and bathroom were very clean, the room didn't smell like smoke at all. They had a refrigerator and small microwave that worked well. The WI-FI connection was very strong. The front desk clerk was very friendly, however i only encounterd one person at the hotel. The breakfast wasn't bad either. If your looking for the best bang for your buck and a hotel room under $50, I highly recommend this place. I also liked the fact that it's right off the freeway.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sejal d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bradenton Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while traveling from PA to the gulf shores of Alabama. We picked up a coupon in a couple book at a nearby gas station and paid $41.81 with tax for a room with two double beds.

We always ask to look at a room before we pay. I'm not sure this helps get us a cleaner room but it couldn't hurt. We looked in and it was clean. We are non-smokers and only required a one night stay to rest from travel.

The room was bug free, clean with clean sheets. We didn't smell any smoke and the bathroom also appeared clean. The room we stayed in had a small fridge and microwave (both worked fine) and a vanity separate from the shower/toilet area.

We slept there and awoke the next morning to move on. The hotel advertises wi-fi, which worked perfectly and it was fast. They also advertise a continental breakfast from 7am to 9:30am. My husband went down around 9am and it was wiped clean. He stated they only had one type of cereal and even that was down to the crumbs at the bottom and one type of pastry that looked terrible.

Obviously we didn't stay there for the breakfast so we were not too disappointed. I would give this hotel three stars. It was clean and quiet but the breakfast was disappointing and we paid about $8 for breakfast at McD's down the road before we started our trip.

Jennifer at the front desk was friendly. She was the only staff member we met and she was there when we checked in around 8pm and left around 9am.

Room Tip: Always ask to view a room before agreeing to pay. Also, there was a coupon in the coupon book at the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mellissarose
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one week with my 2 kids and 2 dogs. It cost me $321 When I checked in . There was white spots one the carpet and the bathroom was not clean. I noticed cigarette burns on both comforters . 2 nights before i checked out the smoke detectors started going off for no reason. After several calls to the front desk I was told just to pull the smoke detector away from the base to stop it/.. That someone would come fix it the next morning. No one ever showed up to fix it. I had no maid service the whole time i was there they claimed they were scared of my dogs but they petted them outside several times. If i asked anyone other than the house keeper for the vacumme cleaner they got attitudes with me and said i could not use it. I kept my dogs outside or gone most the time while i was there so they would not be trapped in a room and could play . I CHECKED OUT ON A THURSDAY AND THE NEXT DAY I FOUND OUT THEY CHARGED MY DEBIT CARD AGAIN FOR $125 MORE AND CANT SEEM TO EXPLAIN WHY I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY MONEY BACK AND IT HAS BEEN OVER A WEEK SINCE I CHECKED out.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank short_azz

Travelers are raving about these Gadsden hotels

Digby, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Drove across the US & Canada. After a long 12 hour drive we pulled in here because it was off the interstate. We drove by 3 motels late at night and scoped out the best one that was cheap & well lit. For $40 a night you get what you pay for and you cant complain. The sheets were clean & bed was comfy. No deadbolt on the door. It was quiet. The bathroom was dirty, we didn't have showers in the morning. Free internet that worked well and the breakfast included dry cereal with no milk and sour juice. If you want somewhere to just sleep, sleep here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lebaneech
Pass Christian, Mississippi
Reviewed July 31, 2008

A run down motel that should be used only as a last resort. You get no help from management. Air conditioner blows not very cool. But it's only 97 degrees outside so thats ok. Bed has metal springs that almost come through the covering of the inner spring mattress. After seeing the room we went directly to the office to get another or refund. Too bad for you. No new room and no refund. They have no mattress pads to soften the bed. Can I speak to the manager? They say they don't know who the manager is. Don't know who the owner is. Wish we would have paid the extra 10 bucks to stay at another place.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Sid D
Alabama
Reviewed June 26, 2008

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The service was excellent, staff was friendly and check-in was quick. The room was clean and very comfortable. We will definately stay at this hotel again when we are in the area.

• Liked — Friendly and helpful staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Crowley, Louisiana
Reviewed April 14, 2006

I am frugal traveler, but I like to find lodging that is clean, tasteful, and economical. The Rodeway Inn in Gadsen met my criteria. The exterior of the building was not that appealing because of its age, but I have to say that the rooms were better than average. The furnishings were new and well maintained. Everthing in the room was in excellent condition. My hats off to this place.

Stayed March 2006