“Gets the job done”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Augusta, ME
“Gets the job done”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stay in a lot of Motel 6s because I travel with a dog, and I really resent having to pay extra for her at many other motel chains........Motel 6 does not charge a pet fee ever.......so I feel I am sort of an "expert" on them. This is one of those Motel 6 facilities that gets the job done. It is nothing special, but it is adequate. The room was reasonably clean, everything worked, the location is handy to the interstate, no bugs in the bed, there was a good seafood restaurant right next door for takeout, and there was adequate green space to walk the dog. I don't think most people vacation at Motel 6s, anyway......they are going somewhere and just want a place to sleep, and a shower, that is moderately comfortable and clean. You will get that here. Nothing more, nothing less.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a room out back, as that is where the grass is.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good bargain! The room was clean and well-maintained. The walls were thin, but turning the on the air conditioning fan created enough white noise to drown out the cars and people outside. The fridge and microwave were clean and in good working order, and the water pressure in the shower was perfect! Housekeeping came every day and changed out the towels, even though the towels were hanging on the towel rack. A couple of days the sheets and towels looked a little dingy, like they had been washed with a dark load, but nothing appeared to be unclean. Also, the inlet behind the hotel is quite pretty, and some of the rooms have water views. I booked this motel for the first week of my three week internship in Gadsden, and I will be staying here for the remaining two weeks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jennifer O
GADSDEN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed in accommodations ranging from thrifty to extravagant. I expect decent from all, but this place is below par and even though I smoke the smell of smoke gagged me. I was scared to sleep there and I left.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank KIMBERLEY T

Travelers are raving about these Gadsden hotels

Troy TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have been staying at this motel for years. We came in for my brother-in-laws funeral . We also had a three year old grand daughter . We gave her a bath and let her walk on the floor . Her feet less then one hour later were black as night they were so fifthly from just the room floor. Then we took her to the front desk for them to see how nasty they took a picture and was suppose to send it to the manager and we heard nothing else from them not even I am sorry from the manager. The next night we had our neice over and still the room was nothing but nasty and on top of that roaches in it. So my husband went up front and complained again and stated they would send in the manager. The manager came in and we showed him how nasty it was anyway we ended up mopping our own floor and changing the bed linens after raising enough hell we got the room free . But I will not ever stay there again or recommend it to my worse enemy. NOTHING BUT NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: no tips stay somewhere else
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Angelia V
prairieville,la
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

After driving for 10 hours, we just wanted a one night stay. In short the bathroom door wouldn't shut, the a/c unit was undersized, there was cobwebs hanging from the room lights, the bed squeeked (while sleeping) and the floor was so filthy that my feet were black!! Before leaving I washed my feet and left the washcloth on the counter for them to see. I told the desk clerk to tell them to go look and explain to the cleaning crew, what a mop looks like. Other than that, it was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lennywells
heavenly rhode island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have stayed at this motel 6 before...it was nice clean and pleasent..Looking forward to the "All new Rooms" as stated on the website...NASTY!!!!!! The floors were filthy, bedspreads were stained.HUGE stains..housekeeping could not have missed them...refridgerater was frozen, and the only thing that had been "remodeled" was a coat of paint on one wall and the nasty bedspread...No nice tv as advertised, bathroom was the same old run down, had never been touch, tub was cracked,...Towels were stained...I should have left right away... but..I went to dinner ,,,when I returned to my room 2 hours later, walking through clouds of smoke and people just hanging around outside all the rooms, my key didn't work, and someone had tried to enter my room...my door was dented and the locks were loose and the door was damaged......the so-called "security guard" came with his tools and "fixed it" I offered him my new room key from the desk clerk, and he smiled and winked as he showed me his master key,,,"I have my own"...how creepy....I would have taken pictures of the room, but I was throwing my things into my bags so fast just to get out...The desk clerk was kind enough to give me my money back. What a disappointment that they have allowed this to happen to a hotel that was once a good deal and pleasant. Don't stay here...especially if you are staying alone....very unsafe and filthy...

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Pay 20 dollars more and drive down the road...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank glassgirlvw
Bay Minette, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I accidentally left my laptop power cord behind when I checked out , and after a 5 hr drive home and realized I left it behind, I immediately got on the phone and called the desk clerk and told her what room I was in, and where the power cord was plugged in at, she told me it wasnt there, and she would have to check with the housekeepers, and after a few mins of giving her time to check with the house keepers I called back again,,and she told me no one found it...so that tells me someone kept it and wasnt honest ...I wont ever return there again...........No amneties in the rooms..and the rooms are to pricey for not being really clean..always look behind the bathroom doors,,,the room I was in,, the back of the bathroom door was dirty..

Room Tip: ask for rooms over the lake, or river..
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo