Motel 6 Gadsden
Very Good 4/5
$179
Hampton.com
Great 4.5/5
Super 8 Gadsden AL(Gadsden)(Great Value!)
$119
Very Good 4/5
$115
Priceline
Average 3/5
Redwood Inn(Gadsden)
$47
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I came upon this Motel 6 by accident- literally. I was headed back to TN on I-59 North when I hit two dogs on the interstate and busted my radiator. I had to be towed to Nissan of Gadsden and the Motel 6 was just across the road from the dealership. I wanted to be close to my car and the total cost of the room per night was only $39.57. On a cold night in December, I was thrilled to have a place to go with heat, bed, and a shower. The basics were all I needed, but I was happy to learn that the motel has wireless internet. It is normally $3/day, but the night I checked in, the clerk gave it to me since I had endured "hardship" and came in on a tow truck. They had cable and HBO which worked just fine. The motel is within walking distance of Applebees, Red Lobster and two convenience stores. There are also two barbeque restaurants and a Mexican restaurant you can walk to easily. I mention walking because there were no rental cars available at Enterprise for 2 days. The staff at Motel 6 were the best part of the stay. Everyone was friendly and allowed me a late checkout on day two while I waited for my car to be repaired. The decor was basic with fiber board furniture, but it was pretty clean. The room also has a microwave and refrigerator. I have stayed in more expensive hotels that are not as clean. If you are on a budget and need a place to stay, I would recommend Motel 6 of Gadsden.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
jigpatel1, Manager at Motel 6 Gadsden, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Reviewed January 28, 2009

We have stayed here a few times before because it is a good price and all we really want is a place to lay our heads for the night. But we have had a few gripes this time and in the past. This time there were no large bath towels in the room at all. The neighboring room had guests that come in around 2 AM and were very loud. They had no regards for any one else that was asleep at the time. They finally left after about 30 miinutes and then come back around 5 or 6 AM and apparently were loading their vehicles, slamming the room door many times and talking loud again, preparing to leave. Also we quesion the desire, to do a good job, of the cleanup folks. The used soap from the last folks that stayed there was still in the bathtub. It makes you wonder if they did any cleaning at all other than change the sheets and remove the used towels/washcloths

On a previous stay there the bathtub/shower did not have a shower curtain. I did call the desk and they brought one right away though.

We will use this motel again because it is in a good location for our needs, the people working there have always been good and decent to us, we have never seen any sign of bugs and last but not least the price is right!!

I just hope that the management and folks working there would not take offense to any negative reviews they see but would take a little pride in their work and place of work and strive to improve it so that all they would ever see again would be GOOD reviews.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank chipawa

Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 29, 2008

We were in town for a funeral and needed a place to stay. Yes, I know you get what you pay for, but this kind of nastiness is not called for. First, a family member's child cut their foot on a piece of broken glass left on the floor of the room. Second, we found animal feces in one corner of the room. Next, our non-smoking rooms smelled of cigarette smoke upon check-in. We also had slow service from the front desk. One employee even went so far as to tell us we could have coffee, but she was smoking her cigarette first. And the one that tops them all. A toilet overflowed in one of our rooms, I ran to the front desk to get help from maid-service only to find out there wasn't any service. All he did was hand me a plunger. Talk about service. When I saw there was no help, I asked for lots of towels for clean-up. He gave me two. Next point, when several family members needed towels for drying off from the pool and for other things, we had to wait several hours for them to wash and dry. I looked in the parking lot. Business was not strong. There should have been towels. Even for a budget motel, this shouldn't be. And one last thing. When we were soaking up the carpet with towels, the towels turned an ugly brown color. And it wasn't from the toilet. And to think, we were all walking on the carpet bare-footed.
Do Not Use This Motel. It's not worth it. Really wish I had phtographed it. It would have been one for the record books.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank tsmbarnett
Reviewed May 12, 2008

This is a budget motel that gives you absolutely nothing. They don't supply shampoo, an iron,blow dryer, small refrig or microwave and even an alarm clock. They don't give you a breakfast of course. We paid $56 including tax for 2 adults. At that price their are budget hotels that do provide the things that this motel 6 doesn't. I would suggest an Americas best value inn instead. I stayed at one recently that was cheaper than this and did supply shampoo, an iron,blow dryer, small refrig and microwave and an alarm clock plus had a breakfast included. My room did have a few problems. The fitted sheets were too small for the beds. When I went to bed I was grossed out to find my feet were touching a bare mattress. It took me a while to actually make the sheet stay on the bed. Another problem is I had a non smoking room. It was marked that way but evidently it had been a smoking room, It smelled of cigarette smoke. Surely they could have hired some one to get that smell out. The electrical plug at the sink didn't work so I couldn't even use my own blow dryer and the bathtub drain was stopped up.overall Its not a horrible budget hotel I just think for $56 they could at least supply some of the basics.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed October 28, 2007

I stayed here in the middle of October while traveling around the Southeastern United States. Most of the time I stayed in Motel 6's and this was by far one of the best I stayed at.

The room was spacious for a cheap hotel and quite clean. I arrived after midnight and the overnight clerk was friendly and quite helpful, which is rare for overnight clerks. The property was quiet throughout the night and was not bothered by other guests.

Both the room and the bathroom were quite clean. Perhaps the room does not have many amenities, but when arriving late at night and leaving the next morning this is a great option for the budget traveler in Northeast Alabama.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank journeywithoutmaps

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.