“"Bed Bugs"”

Gadsden Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gadsden
Gadsden Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This experience started out fine until my sister saw a bug crawling in her bed. This bug turned out to be a "Bed Bug". When smashed, it was full of blood and a close up picture identified the bug. If she had been asleep, she would have definitely been bitten by the bug. When reported to the front office, they did not appear to be alarmed of the situation and immediately offered us another room. We were moved 4 rooms down from the original room, but just the thought of the bed bugs rendered the both of us a very restless night. We checked out the next morning and was offered a $10 discount. That discount did not amount to anything considering all that we had to do to get rid of, if any of the bugs that may have gotten into our belongings and to keep them out of our homes.

Room Tip: Bed Bug was found in room 135.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
jfuller, Owner at Gadsden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

To all my Valued Guest,
The above post is VERY incorrect in alot of areas. We have all the documentations in place to prove the room did not and does not have beg bugs. Also, my desk clerk was very concerned when they made these alligations and phoned me at 11:30 pm to discuss. The guest were moved immediatley until I could look into the situation the next day. NO bed bugs were found by my TRAINED staff or our pest control company!! After talking with the guest and explaining this to her, she continued to ask for a FULL refund. And a FULL refund is what she received. Not 10.00. The person writing this rewiew is not the regestered guest and I feel this review should be removed unless they are able to prove a bug came from our room!! I hope to have actions in place today to discontinue these false accusations by this guest!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I travel several weeks out of the month. We have seen the good, bad, and even the ugly. This stay was the greatest place hands down. The bed and pillows were comphy. The breakfast was above average. The staff is above average. The night lady stayed on the phone directing us to the motel. The rooms are cleaned. By this I mean I saw beds pulled apart and the floor and wall be ing washed and vacuumed. I can promise you in all of our travels I've never seen such attention to detail for cleaning! Anyone traveling put this on your list!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Hayley P
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I had a very pleasant one night stay. The room was clean and the area was pretty quiet even without the AC running considering how much traffic there is on 431. The office staff was excellent--friendly and informative. The breakfast was good--not exciting but good. It's an older hotel but the rooms have been updated and it was clean. The price was excellent compared to the other hotels in the area. It was very convenient to downtown which is where I needed to be for the trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have started another project in another state and I am pleased with the accommodations. The Inn has a fitness room with TV's and billiard tables. So, if I don't want to sweat I can always play pool, or watch TV. Also, the Inn is pet friendly (up to 20 pounds). The rooms are clean and spacious, some with kitchenettes, and all with refrigerator and microwaves. The staff at the front desk are helpful and friendly. At the end of my day I can go to some of the restaurants that are close by then to the room and relax and just unwind because I know there is ALWAYS room at the Inn.

Room Tip: There are internet connections in the room and if you don't have a patch cable to connect the fr...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We went to Gadsden, AL for the World's Longest Yardsale. We stayed at the Gadsden Inn on Thursday night and started on the sale the next day. Last year, we got a room and it was nice. This year, the only thing left was a suite, one of two. We booked it and plan on doing so for next year. The employees who checked us in were very friendly and took the time to talk with us. We found out that the man's wife is from our area. That was neat.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed in a suite on a very hot day. The air cooled the front room, but didn't cool down the bedroom. The staff brought us a fan to help (it didn't really help too much). The room also had a smell to it. The jacuzzi tub was huge. It had dishes, glasses, and utensils. Breakfast was okay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Great value for the price. We were in town for softball games and the team also stayed at the hotel. The staff was excellent and very helpful in finding the college and very helpful with eating recommendations.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple