“Locals raved about this place”
Review of Top O The River

Top O The River
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Gadsden
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Greenville, South Carolina
“Locals raved about this place”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Local fish place. They specialize in fried seafood. Nice atmosphere next to the river. I had there specialty, the riverboat special. This is a platter of fried catfish, coleslaw and a side. A good value and great when you need that fried food in.You should go here at least once while in Gadston.

• Visited April 2013

Ridgetown
“Good food; good value”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel and we were not disappointed. They are known for their fried catfish, so that is what we ordered, along with onion rings and deep fried dill pickles - way too much food, even though we were splitting. However, everything was good and the prices were reasonable.
We asked for a seat overlooking the river and were glad we did. Watching the ducks, geese and other birds on the river was quite entertaining.

• Visited April 2013
Lineville, Alabama
“A Pleasant Surprize”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's been a while since I have visited TotR and I was pleasantly surprized. The menu included several items that weren't deep fried (that's different) and the service was good (that too is different). Love the "free" appetizers of slaw and cornbread that come right out too. I got a chicken kabob and a shrimp kabob, both cooked perfectly and very tasty. The price was ok too. I've stayed away for several years due to a bad experience, but I'll be back again soon. Check them out.

• Visited December 2012
Destin, Florida
“Consistently good value”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Since it has opened, the locals have known a good thing! To avoid the huge crowds we prefer Monday and Wednesday nights. My husband and I always share a combo platter and leave full! Pretty noisy but a great family and friend venue, good food at reasonable prices!

horton,al
“great place to eat”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

great food, great service. the staff fromt he front door until check out are very friendly and accomadating. My family usually eats in large groups and they always hav eenough space for us. food is always good and hot. fast service and friendly staff.

Visited December 2012