“Great value!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Very clean felt safe outside when I walked my dog at night. $28 pet fee seemed a little high but the price of the room was a good deal! One complaint were the bed pillows. Too small and very lumpy! Don't waste your time with breakfast walk across the street to cracker barrel! Other than that I would leave my dog home and bring my own pillows I would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are driving on our way to NC and needed a place to stay. The challenge was finding a hotel that took our maltese. My wife booked the room thru the national reservation center. The $25 pet fee was waived by the desk clerk upon check in. The hotel looks new. The room is super sized with microwave and refrigerator. The room is very clean and well maintained. Staff is helpful and customer friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Spent two plus weeks here for work, the hotel was great. Housekeeping staff worked around my crazy hours to ensure my room is cleaned regularly. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Clean and neat rooms and common areas. My only complaints were no printer in the business center and no laundry service. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I planned for us to stay here the first night of our trip to the Smokies, but didn't make reservations, just in case we decided not to stop in Gadsden. Glad we did make the stop! The hotel grounds were very nice and neat and the lobby was very nicely decorated and well maintained. The front desk clerk was sweet as she could be and helped us get a wonderful rate for our king room with fridge and microwave. They even let us check in early since the room was ready. We were fortunate enough to have a room not only on the first floor, but close to the lobby, which is what we prefer. Our room was very clean and very spacious. Everything was in working order and well stocked. Despite our proximity to the lobby, it was very, very quiet. We were so happy that they allowed us to park our motorcycles in the offset in the shade beside the front door and in front of the office window. They were out of the way of guests, but in a convenient and safe spot. This hotel is in walking distance to several restaurants, including Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesdays. It is conveniently located off I 59 and near I 759. Breakfast the next morning was really nice with a good variety of items including meat, eggs (scrambled and boiled), fruits, bagels and muffins and other bread items, cereals, juices, and good coffee. We found nothing wrong at all during our stay and would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband, son (age 4), and I stayed one night with our dog. The room was nice enough. Clean with average amenities. I do like the extra sitting room with the suites. This hotel does allow pets, though the $28 pet fee was a little steep for just one night stay. Beds were comfy. The toilet had very little flushing power and took forever to fill back up. The breakfast was nothing to brag about. They did have a waffle maker with eggs and sausage but no biscuits, gravy, and doughnuts like many hotels have now. I ate a bowl of cereal. The location of the hotel is decent. A few places to eat nearby as well as a Walmart. It's about a 5 minute interstate drive to the other stores in Gadsden.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Thedebordfamily
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I drove from Toronto to Gadsden, Alabama this past May 3, 2012 to go to the Talladega Nascar Race - staying at the Comfort Suites from Saturday, May 5 and checking out Monday, May 7. We were tired from our long drive and early to check in. I asked at the front desk, if by chance, there may be a room available early, fully admitting that we were far too eary to check in....the girls at the front desk went out of their way to lend a hand. Although a room wasn't ready at that moment, we did a bit of shopping, had lunch and went back to the hotel - still too early to check in - but our room was ready - spotless with air conditioning already on!! The staff were beyond friendly, the breakfast good - and overall, the hotel was clean, nice looking and welcoming.

In years past on this same trip, we had stayed at the Days Inn down the road. The first year was perfectly fine - the second, however, well not so great - we ended up being moved 2 exits down the Interstate to another Days Inn....so this year, we decided to try the Comfort Suites, and we won't stray again.

If you're Canadian heading down to Alabama and you've never had a Hardee's Burger - make sure you have one - delicious. There are restaurants within a 2 minute walk and the area is well kept and appears to be quite safe. On a race weekend, the room rates, I believe, are a little elevated, but worth it for the cleanliness and comfort of a nice place to stay.

Special thanks to Kim of housekeeping - she was wonderful!

Room Tip: My husband and I chose a room with a king bed - no jacuzzi tub or anything, but a nice big bathroom...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Nice hotel, clean rooms and friendly staff. This hotel makes working away from home a little easier.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business