“Great Day Trip”

Noccalula Falls Park & Campground
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Gadsden
More attraction details
Owner description: Large park featuring waterfalls.
Alabama
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great Day Trip”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I visited Noccalula Falls with my two sons (7 & 11) and my parents. This was our last trip before school started. It was early August so it was still a bit humid. We thoroughly enjoyed hiking down to the falls. We paid the admission price and rode the train and visted the petting zoo. My parents enjoyed the train and the view of the falls from up above. The falls are not nearly as beautiful from the top. Hiking down to the falls is a must if you are able. The cost of admission was worth it according to my sons who informed me their favorite part was the petting zoo. This would be a beautiful place to visit in the fall when the leaves are turning.

1 Thank Bama_mom456

Trent5360
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Park, Very low Price”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My wife, my 3 year old son and I were on our way back to Birmingham from Desoto State Park and decided to stop by to see one more waterfall. We paid 12.00 for my wife and I and my son's admission was free. It was a very pleasant experience, beautiful scenery. My son got to pet a buck which he thought was very cool and you could ride the train as many time as you want and with a 3 year old that was proceless. My only regret is that we didn't get there earlier because we ran out of time and didnt get to see everything. We will definitley be making the short back drive up to spend the day or maybe even camp for the weekend. For those of you that think there isnt much to do for the small admission fee you dont know what your talking about.

1 Thank Trent5360
Tampa, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“All that for $6 admission?!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

To everyone who thinks $6 is too much to pay to enter the park, you are missing out on a great attraction. Sure, you can "see" the falls for free, if you are so ridiculously cheap that $6 is a lot of money to you, then I might understand not paying to enter the park. But for the majority, $6 is a little amount to pay for all that is included. Free parking, an unlimited train ride that has 3 stops in different locations around the park, a petting area with rabbits, chickens, a hedge hog etc. Chickens to play with, a lion, lynx, pheasants, etc. to see. Deer that will lick your hands. You can walk down a path under and behind the falls too. Anyone who thinks this isn't a value is crazy. Most places charge you more to park than these guys charge to get in. I definitely recommend this place, my two boys ages 7 and 10 loved it, as did my wife and me. Those that didn't go in really missed out, don't listen to these ignorant cheapskates!!!

7 Thank skunkle
Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I've been wanting to come here for a long time!”
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Well I finally got to see the falls. Originally we went to the park but honestly I didn't see much to even pay $6.00 for! We just went to the gift shop and asked them where the falls were. They were very friendly and gave us directions. The best part of this trip was it was free! We were on our way home from Chattanooga and just made a quick visit then we were on the road again.

1 Thank athenarose
millbrook, al
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed the park.”
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Took my 11 and 8 year old sons to the park. I thought it was worth the admission fee to get into the park instead of just the free part. They actually enjoyed the pioneer village, and they loved the animals. The animals were very interesting. I can't wait to go back when things are in full bloom. It looks like the gardens will be stunning. I would suggest going in the morning because the ticket line in the afternoon looked really long. We also went to play miniature golf. The course was very nice but it was hard to enjoy because the course is kind of small and there were so many people. I would definitely recommend making the trip to the falls.

1 Thank traveler334