“Great Meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Meal”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a great meal at this place. Very friendly staff and the steak was excellent. I would recommend this to others visiting the Gadsden area.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Travel4Fun_DC

Southside, AL
“a plate of plenty”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good place to get a meat and three. Good food and plenty of it. I've never been disappointed. Courtyard Cafe is in the center of Downtown Gadsden and inside the Mary G. Hardin Center for Cultural Arts. Don't just go to eat, go to explore.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank TonkaSoul
Attalla, Alabama
“Felt Somewhat Cheated”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

No only have the prices gone up but the portion size has decreased (for most). My wife and I ate there for lunch on a Friday. We both ordered the same thing (cube steak). We were served tea, some small golf-ball shaped steaks crusted with batter, a small bowl of pintos, 1/2 small shot glass of coleslaw, a spoonful of mac and cheese, a single fried green tomato, and a cornbread muffin. There was a small dish of pineapple cobbler for dessert. The meal was just barely OK and certainly not worth the $20 tab ($23 with tip). What really pissed me off was seeing the four people seated near the door as we were leaving that had ordered pretty much the same as we. EXCEPT they got nice size flat and succulent cube steaks, two fried green tomatoes (on all plates) and generous portions of everything else. I guessed they must have been related to somebody there as they sure got treated like valued customers and I'm sure they will all be returning for the royal treatment soon...........NOT US. BTW, this was not near the end of the lunch rush as we had gotten there soon after 11 when they begin serving lunch so I'm sure there was no shortage of any of the items available.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jeff S
“The best steaks in town!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Courtyard Cafe has a wonderful lunch menu, either from the menu or the already set meat and three! Dinner is wonderful as they prepare delicious steaks and other menu items. Be sure and check them out!

• Visited December 2012
Birmingham, AL
“WONDERFUL FOOD, WONDERFUL SERVICE”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I hadn't been to Gadsden in a long while but made a "day trip" there to see the Cobra Automart - my husband is huge Cobra fan!

I found this restaurant on the net in advance of the trip.

We were not disappointed! If you like good Southern cooking, variety, great service and lots of food, this is the place for you. They have a rotating menu for each day of the week (always choice of 5-6 meats and set group of veggies) and our selections included Chicken Livers, mac and cheese, cole slaw, rice and gravy, pinto beans with a wonderful pepper sauce served separately, fried green tomatoes and a delicious strawberry cake.

In looking through reviews, I am surprised to see comment on rude waitresses. I could not disagree more! We had Debbie, who was so friendly and attentive and I didn't see one waitress without a smile on her face!

COME EARLY! We were advised to get there by 11:30 to assure seating and by 12:15 the place was packed. They say on weekend sometimes you cannot get in! And they have LOTS of tables!

It's in a location in the same building with Gadsden Chamber of Commererce or some such organization. Parking is easy (at least at 11:30)

I had meant to order the Lobster Bisque as a side order and forgot. Will certainly try this on next visit as many folks say it's wonderful!

Cost for 2 people was about $15.00, wonderful value!

• Visited February 2013