“The best steaks in town!”
Review of Courtyard Cafe

Courtyard Cafe
Ranked #7 of 116 Restaurants in Gadsden
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Courtyard Cafe has a wonderful lunch menu, either from the menu or the already set meat and three! Dinner is wonderful as they prepare delicious steaks and other menu items. Be sure and check them out!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I hadn't been to Gadsden in a long while but made a "day trip" there to see the Cobra Automart - my husband is huge Cobra fan!

I found this restaurant on the net in advance of the trip.

We were not disappointed! If you like good Southern cooking, variety, great service and lots of food, this is the place for you. They have a rotating menu for each day of the week (always choice of 5-6 meats and set group of veggies) and our selections included Chicken Livers, mac and cheese, cole slaw, rice and gravy, pinto beans with a wonderful pepper sauce served separately, fried green tomatoes and a delicious strawberry cake.

In looking through reviews, I am surprised to see comment on rude waitresses. I could not disagree more! We had Debbie, who was so friendly and attentive and I didn't see one waitress without a smile on her face!

COME EARLY! We were advised to get there by 11:30 to assure seating and by 12:15 the place was packed. They say on weekend sometimes you cannot get in! And they have LOTS of tables!

It's in a location in the same building with Gadsden Chamber of Commererce or some such organization. Parking is easy (at least at 11:30)

I had meant to order the Lobster Bisque as a side order and forgot. Will certainly try this on next visit as many folks say it's wonderful!

Cost for 2 people was about $15.00, wonderful value!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went to Courtyard over a year ago with family and remember it being pretty good; decent size portions & tasty. Not a huge menu selection, though. Have daily specials.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'm somewhat disappointed after reading the reviews on trip advisor for this restaurant. The atmosphere was nice, the menu was very small. The food was good, but not good enough for the price we paid. I was extremely surprised after reading several reviews here that stated good value and reasonable prices???

The dining area has too many tables, my wife and I had to be very careful sitting and rising from the table as to not bump the other guests. The next time I'm dining in Gadsden will be at the Fish Market, the food was just as good, if not better and at a much more reasonable cost.

2  Thank JordansofWeiss
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Courtyard Cafe is located in the Mary C Hardin Center for Cultural Arts building first floor in Gadsden AL . The food is excellent and the staff is prompt and friendly. Prices are reasonable and the staff is very friendly.