“it was a great a great stay”
Review of Super 8 Gadsden AL

Super 8 Gadsden AL
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Extremely attractive, extraordinarily clean, large rooms. Parking lot was well lit and clean. Everything worked. The staff was friendly, helpful, courteous and efficient. I will certainly stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank IamJudith
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I really Enjoyed my stay at Super 8, The staff was very nice, & helpful. They Had brand new pilliow top beds, I slept Great! The rooms was huge. Breakfast was awesome. I am a mother of 2 and it work perfect for us. It was so quit and safe the parking lot was well lit, I will return back to this motel

Room Tip: Brand New Pillow Top Beds is a major plus
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KatherineT40
LaGrange
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Filthy. Everything needed replaced. Carpet was thread barren and filthy, Refrigerator filthy and noisy. Empty vending machines. I have thrown away rags that were in better shape than the towels. I would be embarrassed to charge what they did but it was a race weekend. Stay away race fans.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Newbern, Tennessee
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel was great the staff was very nice and helpful. I really enjoyed the breakfast , I am a single mother traveling with my 2 kids and I wanted some where safe I seen the fire station right across the street and notice there parking lot was very well lit. My kids enjoyed the swimming pool the pool was very nice and clean, & I must say the Pillow top beds slept very comfortable. For a single mother of 2 I am on a budget so the price on this motel was great , I recomend this motel to anyone that needs some where safe to stay and the cleaness of the room was perfect..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stopped here for one night on our way to New Orleans. We got an amazing bargain--under $50, including fees and taxes. The motel is older, but the pillow top beds were brand new and very comfortable. More important to us than the age of the facilities was the cleanliness, and this hotel was very clean. The rooms are very spacious. The pool was clean and refreshing. Breakfast waffles were made in the morning by the staff, and served with a big smile and great service.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked another night on the way home. We had a different room on a different floor, and found that it also was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. We received the same excellent customer service on this stay as well. The refrigerators are good-sized, and the microwaves worked well. The sodas in the machine were ice cold.

On our second stay-through, since they knew we were coming, they had the air conditioning on, and the room was nice and very cool when we arrived. It was 104 degrees outside, and we really appreciated that attention to detail that they provided for us.

Located close to the mall, great BBQ joints, and the Falls, this hotel is perfect for travelers needing a stayover.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the new pillowtop mattresses.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TumblingMom
Eastern Kentucky
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Gadsden was our overnight stop between Kentucky and the Florida panhandle. The price seemed right for just a bed for the night. I was sadly mistaken. I reserved 3 rooms for our 3 families, all with children. Even though a few of us smoke, I reserved non-smoking rooms because we don't smoke around our kids. We all respect the severe allergy some people have to cigarette smoke and would not dream of smoking in a non-smoking room. My family was the first to arrive, and we took a look at all three rooms. Two of them had obviously been smoked in recently and one of them reeked of cigarette smoke and had a clean ashtray sitting on the table. We decided to make the best of it since it was just for the night, right? By the way, a younger lady at the desk at check-in was very nice and accommodating. I told her about the smoking situation and she said we were welcome to smoke outside the office and use that ashtray. An older gentleman took over in the middle of the night, and that's where the problems continued. Early the next morning, when one lady from our party was smoking outside, he began to harass her about not smoking in the rooms. Three times he walked up to tell her she was in a non-smoking room and better not be smoking in the room. She replied that if she was smoking in the room, then why would she be outside? He persisted, and when I checked out, I returned the ashtray we found in one of the rooms. I told him I didn't appreciate his harassment of my party. He rambled on something about people borrowing ashtrays and smoking where they shouldn't. I told him I still didn't appreciate it and he smiled and went on rambling. Besides the smoke smell, the overall cleanliness of the rooms left much to be desired. Regardless, even in Gadsden, there are several other choices, and if I ever stop here again it will be in a different motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family