“Great choice”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great choice”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I, as well as my mother-in-law, stayed in this hotel for one night while visiting relatives in the area. The room was very clean and quiet; I'm a stickler for these. Our bed was plush and comfortable. The staff was helpful when we had questions about directions and dining options in the area. Breakfast was above-average. My only (minor) quibble is that the plates they provided seemed cheap. I discovered plastc/styrofoam shavings were flaking off onto my waffle, so just pay attention at breakfast.

Room Tip: I'm fairly short and found that the bathroom counters seemed both a little deep and a little tal...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PlantDiva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Professional and very helpful staff. Alays a good experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mobile,AL
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night at this property because of the good reviews on Trip Advisor. I decided to use 12,500 Hilton HHonors to cover this night's stay and I think that this proved to be a very reasonable decision.
As noted by other reviewers this property still feels new and has a very attentive and capable staff. Our room was very quiet, well appointed and in good working order. The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioner worked well. We heard no road noise from I-59 despite being on the east side(I-59 side) of the property.
The breakfast area was clean and spacious and the breakfast options were varied and well presented. The person attending to this area seemed truly interested in assuring that the guests were well cared for.
There were two computers in the Business Center that both worked well and this area was well maintained.
My wife relayed that the fitness area was excellent. Her only complaint was that CNBC was not a TV channel choice.
In summary, I thought this was a great property to spend a night at on I-59 and well worth using 12,500 HHonors points to do so.

Room Tip: There are a number of restaurants and options to refuel at reasonable prices near this property.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights while working in the area. The staff was very helpful, but none more than Codey. He was a pleasure to deal with and his service was absolutely exceptional! Also, as the others have already stated, there are some great restaurants just across the street or a short walk down the road. The hotel also offers free snacks and beverages on Wednesday evening in the breakfast area.

Mayaruinsonly
Destination Expert - Guatemala

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
East TN
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel and grounds are very well kept. Our room was clean and comfortable, although our bed could have been a little softer. The complimentary breakfast was actually good. The fitness room was exceptional. We felt quite safe in the area and found many coveniences in close walking distance. The Old Mexico Restaraunt is across the parking lot and was very good. One of their Jumbo Margaritas and you will sleep well. THere is also many fast Food options as well as a Wal Mart right across the street. When you exit the interstate for Gadsen Attalla, you are right there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern Virginia, USA
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel was fairly new and was well-located on my long holiday trip. I appreciated its proximity to the highway. However, soon after I arrived I found that the bathtub had a couple of hairs in it that were not mine. :( That kind of ruined it for me. I stayed on a Sunday night, and found there weren't too many dinner options nearby. I ended up going across the road to the Wal-Mart and picking up a frozen dinner, since my room had a microfridge. The only problem was there was no silverware in the room, plastic or otherwise. I probably could have called to request some but at that point I was really just too tired. I had to leave early in the morning and the breakfast wasn't really out yet, but I did manage to grab one of the to-go brown bags - they are a nice touch. I also tried to get some hot tea, but the water was just warm. Then I decided to have a quick breakfast at the Cracker Barrel next door right as it opened, which turned out to be a mistake. The Cracker Barrel is awful. My french toast looked like it had been deep fried. Yech! Good thing I still had my to-go breakfast from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This will be short and sweet. Great location, great hotel and great staff. Loved the breakfast and the drinks and sandwiches offered at night. Will stay again for sure. Only bad things about the stay is that the Cracker Barrel was within walking distance, but was horrible.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family