“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on our way to Pigeon Forge. Great place to stay & great location just off the interstate. The room was very clean & the bed was comfy. We had a king bed suite with sofa bed for the kids. The hotel is very modern & stylish. Great experience. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Good4uAlabama, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Sassy3fan,

I hope that your stay in Pigeon Forge was as enjoyable for you as our hotel was. We really appreciate you taking the time to post such a nice review for us. We always want our guests to have a great stay experience. We look forward to you stopping by again soon.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our first time to stay at Fairfield Inn. It will not be our last!

Cleanest room, nicest check-in staff (Laura), fabulous and free breakfast. All for less than $75 when using the in-state travel coupon books. Need I say more?

GOODBYE LA QUINTA ----- HELLO FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES!

Room Tip: Get the in-state travel coupon books at the Information Center of the particular state's border.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TXchilibean,

Thank you so much for the rave review. I will be sure that Laura knows you mentioned her personally. That will certainly make her smile.We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

SIncerely,
Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

There are not a lot of choices in and around Gadsden for major chain hotels. This one isn't a bad example. It's a classic Fairfield design I've seen in other parts of the country.

I was upgraded to an Executive Suite featuring a nice working area with view of the window, which is nice when working. There are a couple of decent sized TVs and a music system. Microwave and standard refrigerator. The bathroom was a reasonable size, and the decent bed was laden with comfy pillows.

The Internet was reliable and fairly quick, even despite the storms and tornado warnings that happened during my stay. We didn't even have a power outage, like some places nearby did.

There are plenty of food options nearby, and a Walmart across the street.

Unfortunately for me, I was given room 213. This room is positioned right behind the large lobby canopy, so my view was basically of a wall. I could not see sky, or anything else. Just a wall.

I'm sure any of the other rooms would be a better experience. But the limited daylight and lack of view made this stay drop from a 4/5 to 2.5/5 for me. Thankfully a change in my business plans gave me a good excuse to check out early and switch hotels.

As long as you avoid rooms 213 and probably the room next to it, I think you'd find this an acceptable hotel, right up to the standards of a typical Fairfield.

Room Tip: DO NOT let them give you room 213, unless staring at a wall is okay for you.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ZCT808
Dear ZCT808,

I would like to apologize that your room did not have the view you would have liked. I am sure this was very frustrating for you. We always try to be as accomodating as possible with all of our guests. Please mention your disappointment with your view in the future so that we may try to move you to a room more suitable for your needs. I am glad the the rest of your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to having an opportunity to have you as a guest again in the future and we will be sure you are given a better room with a view.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Clean. Comfortable. Pleasant. I would stay here again if I returned. There is nothing fancy about this place, but it is very comfortable and very clean if you need a place to stay in or around Gadsden.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
pensacola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

It was a decent place to stay, good price, clean neat room, comfortable bed, and good breakfast
with spacious dining area. There is a Ruby Tuesdays and several other good places for dining within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

After several hours in the car, we try to stay where restaurants are near so we don't have to drive very far to eat. This Fairfield is located right off interstate I-59 and within walking distance of Cracker Barrel and Ruby Tuesday restaurants. Excellent, friendly staff, large clean room, comfortable bed in a quite room, and nice towels! What more could you ask for? Complimentary breakfast had a good variety. Enjoyed our stay. We liked the rate too! $59.00!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sparta, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

First off, I used a travel coupon and was able to land a room for only 59 bucks plus taxes!! Which it a heck of a deal for a Fairfield! Besides the price I received one of the most warming welcomes during check in. He was a true gentleman and was the type that you could tell he loved his job. My stay took place 1/20/14 with my check in time around 630/7pm. Great service at the desk and a true asset to the company. Beds were amazing. Internet fast and trouble free. Decor nice and bathroom was clean!!! I have stayed at other Fairfields and this one ranked among the top, however, I have never had an unpleasant stay at one. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If you want an excellent deal, use a travel coupon for this stay! Great way to save 30 to 40 bucks...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business