“Nice Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Reviewed October 17, 2012

New Hotel, all the modern devices. Very clean, safe & secure. Bed was very comfortable and room was well equiped. Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice Family Style Restaurant within walking distance. Had a nice breakfast bar in the morning. Pool & Hot tub were a treat.

Room Tip: Right off the interstate
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed at this Fairfield inn for 140 nights during the past 12 months.This place has all the comforts of home.From the time you make your reservations until you leave you are treated like family.Gretchen Lowe has put together a team that is top notch.I continue coming to this area frequently and will always stay here.This is the PERFECT HOME AWAY FROM HOME.Thanks

Room Tip: 4th floor always my preferance but have stayed on all
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for 2 nights; everything is very clean and modern looking. There is an awesome breakfast area that is well attended to and stocked. The staff is friendly especially Ingrid in the breakfast area. I was not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We are pretty much neatniks and were completely satisfied with the cleanliness. In addition, there is a Cracker Barrell & Ruby Tuesday adjacent to the parking lot

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and stayed at this Fairfield Inn on 9/20. Absolutely fabulous for a hotel just off the interstate. We always try and stay at Marriott brand locations but this Fairfiled Inn was as nice as any 5-star Marriott location. Rooms were clean, towles soft, extra pillows as requested and a great breakfast bar the next morning. Staff was great. Southern hospitality at it's finest.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here using my Marriott points and had an excellent experience. The hotel is beautiful and new, and the rooms very comforably furnished. The bed was very comfortable and linens and pillows were excellent. The bathroom was very nicely appointed, very nice towels and amenities, and the rooms are well-insulated from noise. I always run the A/C unit on manual fan mode whenever I stay in a hotel anyway, just in case, but in the case of this hotel, really wasn't necessary. Plenty of hot water for me, no problems. The desk staff were very nice and check-in and check-out was a breeze. The location is very nice, tucked down near the end of a small street well away from the interstate, so no highway noise, yet within walkin distance of a few restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The reservation was made for me by a friend with their marriott reward program. Upon arrival, the desk staff was very rude and they were no where to be found for about 5 minutes of me waiting at the desk to check in, the coffee was cold, when I went to my room the door wasn't even closed properly!! Being a solo traveling woman, this made me feel VERY uncomfortable and unsafe. Then during the night I woke up to sounds of stomping above my room. Then while taking a shower the hot water ran cold. Just very disappointing. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Gretchen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Michelle F,

On behalf of myself and the entire team, we would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden. We pride ourselves in being in the top 20% of all the Fairfield Inn & Suites across the country for meeting our guests needs. The issues that you spoke of have been addressed to the entire staff.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If we "drop the ball" it is important to know. Please give us another chance if your travels bring you back to Gadsden. You may contact me directly @ 256-538-2100.

Gretchen Lowe
glowe@peachtreehotelgroup.com

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was returning from Orlando and decided to stop in Gadsden, Alabama and see my relatives. I decided to stay at Fairfield Inn and it was a wonderful hotel. The bed and pillows were so soft and comfortable. The southern hospitality and the breakfast was greaat!!! My family and I love, love this hotel. I almost stayed another night before returning to Illinois but I had to get back to work.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family