“Worst. Stay. Ever.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Gadsden
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The reservation was made for me by a friend with their marriott reward program. Upon arrival, the desk staff was very rude and they were no where to be found for about 5 minutes of me waiting at the desk to check in, the coffee was cold, when I went to my room the door wasn't even closed properly!! Being a solo traveling woman, this made me feel VERY uncomfortable and unsafe. Then during the night I woke up to sounds of stomping above my room. Then while taking a shower the hot water ran cold. Just very disappointing. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Gretchen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Michelle F,

On behalf of myself and the entire team, we would like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden. We pride ourselves in being in the top 20% of all the Fairfield Inn & Suites across the country for meeting our guests needs. The issues that you spoke of have been addressed to the entire staff.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If we "drop the ball" it is important to know. Please give us another chance if your travels bring you back to Gadsden. You may contact me directly @ 256-538-2100.

Gretchen Lowe
glowe@peachtreehotelgroup.com

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Gadsden

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was returning from Orlando and decided to stop in Gadsden, Alabama and see my relatives. I decided to stay at Fairfield Inn and it was a wonderful hotel. The bed and pillows were so soft and comfortable. The southern hospitality and the breakfast was greaat!!! My family and I love, love this hotel. I almost stayed another night before returning to Illinois but I had to get back to work.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

comfortable large room, very comfortable bed, quiet and friendly front desk staff

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was a great nights sleep, My wife and i were traveling to her families reunion and need some where to stop over for the night. The bed was the best my wife and I have ever slept on. Breakfast was great. Thank you Fairfield Inn for a very welcome good nights rest.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had a great first experience at the Fairfield in Gadsden. We travel a lot, so we live in hotels quite often. This one was up there as a favorite - from the awesome room we had, to the great tasting breakfast and wonderful service. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Used a coupon for a one night stay. Had no problems checking in to the hotel. Check-in was very quick. The lady at the front desk was very courteous and helpful with providing directions to area businesses. The room was clean. Even though there were a lot of people in the hotel, we did not hear anything once inside the room.

The only bad thing about this stay: the laundry room was dirty.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We used a coupon ($79) for a one night stay on the last leg of our trip home from VA. The young man at check-in went the "extra mile" to find a room that was on a floor above the bus load of cheerleaders staying there. He even took the time to go upstairs and check on the cleanliness of it! It was very clean and well appointed. The wifi was great as were the linens and furnishings. Breakfast was better than most chain hotels. With the World's Longest Garage Sale in August, expect this site to fill up quickly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple