“Pretty darn good!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fultondale
Independence
“Pretty darn good!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The facility was very clean! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had time before meeting up with customers, so I tried to check in early, and the lady at the front just had a first floor room open up, and I was able to check in! Thank you! The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was clean. My only downside was the king bed was kind of hard, but the pillows were fine. I am impressed with a free continental breakfast if its just hot, so I was impressed with the scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles. Then sausage the next morning. There were plenty of other places to eat within walking distance. They gave corporate discounts and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ProgressFSE
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with our team especially with our Dir. of Operations. We know you have a choice of where to stay when in our area and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night prior to early flight from BHM. I was upgraded to a 1Bed Room Suite. Room was large and well equipped. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly and professional. Plenty of food near by. Left to early to eat breakfast but I'm sure it's the standard FF fare. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LSUFAN67
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us measure our performance and identify areas for improvement. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Phoenix
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here four nights over July 4th holiday weekend. Arrived on a early red-eye flight and our room was actually ready at 9:30am. What a treat. Room was clean and exactly what we needed after visiting family in the Birmingham area each day.

I never heard any noise in hallway. Elevator is a bit small & slow. The little sundries shop is awesome and had a nice selection. Grabbed sodas a couple times.

Normally we at at Jack's (local fast food place) for breakfast when we're in Birmingham but we decided to try the complimentary hotel breakfast on Sat. 7/5. BIG MISTAKE. At 9:45am there was no food. No juice. No milk. The attendant made more eggs AFTER my daughter took that last scoopful. It took 15minutes for her to bring more out. The attendant looked so miserable and only seemed to be able to grunt when asked questions. And of course huff while doing her job. Not a real positive experience. I was very disappointed and would have preferred to spend $15 on a good breakfast. We grabbed a bite here again on Monday 7/7 as we were checking out. Again, the selection was pathetic. I literally ate a piece of toast and drank a cup of coffee. We were driving to Knoxville and did not want a big heavy breakfast.

Aside from the breakfast fiasco we will stay here again. The overall value is good and the location is very convenient.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor. The pool is indoors and the smell of chlorine is very strong.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay with us. I want to sincerely apologize about the disservice you experienced in our breakfast area during your stay with us. The inadequate availability of our breakfast offerings and unacceptable customer service that was not provided to you will not be tolerated again. I will communicate and reinforce the training of my weekend breakfast attendant. I schedule my maintenance engineer to help her replenish, stock, and clean for the flow of guests on the weekends. I will sit down and discuss her attitude and communicate the observations you made while she was on duty.

Byron Baldwin
nashville
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel one night while traveling to the coast. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. The bathroom was clean, but due to the grout looking dirty and a stained tub because of a leaky facet, there was an illusion of not being clean. Breakfast was average.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as guest feedback not only helps us measure our performance but it identifies areas for improvement. I have discussed the grout and faucet issues with our maintenance director and I assure you both are being addressed. We know you have choices for lodging in our area and we do appreciate your choosing to stay with us.
Lexington,Ky
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed one night here to attend a funeral in Gardendale. The room was very clean and we had a quiet stay. I do have to wonder though, when did hotels start putting a coffee maker inside the bathroom directly across from the toilet? No thanks. The breakfast the next morning was adequate but the eggs were pretty rubbery. But it was free there were several other choices.My only issue with the place was it seemed a little overpriced to me, as were most of the hotel chains in the area. I have stayed in a comparable room for much less than the $150 we paid here.Other than that a safe clean place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps confirm what we are doing well and helps us identify areas of improvment. I have shared your comments with our team and are considering other options for the eggs on the breakfast bar. Your point about the coffeemaker was also shared and we are reviewing change there. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a Wed night on our way back home from vacation. The room/hotel was clean. The room was surprisingly large. The breakfast area was clean and they had a decent assortment to choose from. The hotel is easy to get to from I-65 and is close to several restaurants and a shopping area. Would stay here again if looking for overnight accommodations in Birmingham area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us measure our performance. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We have a family of 5 and have the same requirements wherever we stay: indoor pool, free/delicious breakfast, and clean rooms. This hotel hit all the marks! Additionally, I found the staff friendly and very helpful! I would highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our priority and we are always reassured when we receive feedback such as yours. We realize you have a choice and are glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65
#1 of 7 in Fultondale
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale
Best Western Plus Gardendale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65? Share your experiences!