“Very Nice - Friendly Staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Fultondale
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel is fairly new, with clean accommodations. Room was good sized, with a king bed and small sofa, coffee table, and desk. Also included is a refrigerator and micro-wave. The bathroom is also good sized. There is a wall mounted air-conditioner just below the window, with a thermostat that controls it on the wall in the room. Unlike several hotels I have stayed at recently, you can select to have the A/C fan run continuously, which helps maintain an even ambient noise level in the room. That is very much appreciated for a good nights sleep.
Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Since we had to leave before breakfast was open in order to catch a flight, we were able to take with us anything that had been set out already, which was appreciated. There is a computer and printer available in the lobby which was convenient for printing out boarding passes.
The hotel is about 10 miles from the airport, and is an easy drive on I-20 and I-65. It is located in a quiet area, close to several restaurants, including Outback Steakhouse and Full Moon Bar-B-Q.
We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: None of the rooms face a highway, so either side is not bothered by traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments as we work very hard to achieve that level of guest satisfaction on a daily basis. Thank you again for your coments, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

North of Birmingham. Clean and quiet. Three floors. Has elevator. Full breakfast. Small indoor pool. Workout room. Walking distance to restaurants. Across street from Target and other shops and more restaurants. Perfect for visiting Birmingham.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent review of the hotel. We strive every day to provide our guest with the best hospitality experience and product. It is always a pleasure to find out that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Convenient to highway just West of Birmingham, AL - large shopping area and several restaurants nearby including an Applebee's and Zaxby's right next door. Rooms, facilities are very clean - staff is great. Would be a 5 except for two minor issues - refrigerator does not get very cold and cannot be adjusted - A/C (at least in my room) was a little on the loud side of normal and might be an issue for some (not me - slept like a bear). I would recommend and will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Feedback such as yours helps us measure our performance and identify areas of improvement. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and will definitley look into the fidge and air conditioning unit concerns. This are items that I am sure we can fix. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family lives in the area, and I stay here often. The friendly efficient staff makes a huge difference to me. It is always clean, and the staff never fails to go above and beyond, always happy to do so. It is close to several restaurants, a Target, 2 pharmacies, and less than half a mile to interstate 65. Because it is not right by the interstate, it is very quiet. They have automated wake up call, but the frfont desk night clerk offered to call me, and when i said i often go right back to sleep, he offered to call again to make sure I was awake. They have plenty of private parking, and I feel very safe staying there. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Our team works very hard to provode excellence in product and service and it is always a pleasure to learn that we have successfully achieved this with our guests. Comments such as yours inspire us to continue to work hard in meeting our guest's expectations. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed the night here while passing through. We mentioned to the gentleman at the front desk that we had to catch an early flight, and would need a 5:30 wake up call. He politely informed us that he would also be sure to have coffee waiting for us. On top of receiving a wake up call the next morning, the gentleman also rang us himself when we didn't show up in the lobby for coffee at the agreed upon time. He wanted to make sure that we got our wake up call and wouldn't miss our flight. Now THAT is what I call impeccable service! If ever passing through again, we will stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and we always appreciate the comments of our guest. We strive everyday to exceed guest expectations and I am always glad to hear about a team member that has done so. I will certainly share your comments with our team and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Panama City Beach on 7/31. The location was ideal - just off I-65 north of Birmingham. The room was a good size and very clean. I was most impressed with the staff. We were greated very warmly at check-in. On our reservation, we had requested a top floor room. Our son has autism is very sensitive to noise. We were told they had taken care of our request and we were not only given a room on the 3rd floor, but the last one at the end of the hallway. Very nice! They checked with us each time as we left and returned for dinner to make sure the room was to our satisfaction. I would defintely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily_M1102
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We strive to provide guest with excellent service and product and it is always very rewarding to learn that we have achieved that goal with our guest. Thank you for your comments and I will be sure to share them with our team. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel was great. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Great breakfast! Convenient location! I'd definitely stay here again. Indoor pool and sauna were nice.

• Stayed: August 2012
Hamptonhoover, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review or our hotel. We strive every day to provide guest with excellence in product and service and are always glad to receive feedback like yours. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65
#1 of 2 in Gardendale
Days Inn Fultondale
Days Inn Fultondale
#1 of 8 in Fultondale

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65? Share your experiences!