“Our room came with a knife.”

Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fultondale
New Orleans
“Our room came with a knife.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our room was very dusty. There was a knife sticking out under the bed. It was a lock blade and had screwdriver parts on one end. It looked deadly! The internet was so slow it was like going back in time to dial up internet!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kareem M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Hornets777 I would like to apologize for not living up to your standards ,at Hampton Inn Fultondale we make it our business to make sure every guest is satisfied with their stay. In fact we guarantee it I have located your reservation from the online survey you also filled out and have adjusted one full room night off your credit card! You should see this credit reflection in one to three business days. I hope the next time you are in our area you give us a second chance. If you are please call me direct on my cell 803-447-9655. Kareem Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Headed north toward projected bad winter weather and not knowing what we might encounter, we did not make an overnight reservation in advance. We were about 45 minutes from Birmingham when I called the hotel direct to check for availability. Tracy took my call, looked up my HHonors number, quickly made the reservation, and answered my question about any restaurants near the hotel (we were tired driving and were hoping to make just one stop). We arrived inside the hour and there was Tracy with the keys ready and the welcome information that the heat and lights were turned on in our room. Nice follow up! Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast well tended and tasty. And we were delighted with the Outback Restaurant right next door... just walked across the parking lot. Easy on and off the highway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoyceD18703
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here headed north in a blinding rainstorm. We were a little hesitant because of lackluster reviews, but were glad we chose this Hampton. The building was clean and smelled fresh. Our room was very comfortable--great bed. There was a mix up on rates, but when I pointed it out they quickly corrected it. Breakfast was above average for a "free" breakfast. All the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is between an O'Charley's and an Outback with several other restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were not clean, the service was not friendly, and the breakfast was not fresh. I did not feel safe at this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. Stay away if possible! Any motel 6 is on the same playing feild as this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Colton M
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This was our overnite location on spring break from Indiana to Florida. Got there late due to traffic, but was booked in quickly to a courtious staffer. Place was clean and breakfast was consistent with all other Hamptons. Well lighted parking lot, close to restaurants and highway... Easy on and off. A nice location

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
cincinnati, ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I've always been a fan of Hampton Inn, but this experience has forever changed me from being a regular customer. NEVER AGAIN!

Checked in during a long ride home in March 2012.
Starting out, although they quoted the room rate of $99, by the time we paid fees and taxes and more, our bill was over $130. At Hotels.com, they tell you ALL the fees up front and that is all you pay. HUGE RIPOFF!

As to the hotel, the hotel and room were tidy, but badly in need of updates. Wall paper was outdated and bath tile was discolored and out of date as well. On the plus side, we were at the end of the hall on the second floor and all was relatively quiet.

As we were making a quick overnight stop, I needed to work and answer emails, etc. from my laptop. After trying for over 30 minutes to get online, I finally called the desk and was told that 'OUR INTERNET ONLY SERVICES 50 DEVICES AT ONE TIME', including iphones, etc. and told to try again later. LATER NEVER HAPPENED. I NEVER WAS ABLE TO GET ONLINE. I WAS NEVER ABLE TO WORK! I TRIED ALL NIGHT!

The next morning was no better. No internet service.

Deciding we needed to go so I could find a 'hot spot' to work, we stopped on our way out to have their free breakfast.

I was sorely disappointed to see NO COFFEE! NO HOT ITEMS! and no one else even in the breakfast area at 9am. They were supposed to serve for another hour but we were told they were all out of everything! They stated they were severely understaffed and just weren't able to do what was needed. INCREDIBLE!

NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cyndy8675309
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Although fairly new or recently redecorated, you'll find your basic Hampton Inn here, in a northern suburb of Birmingham. That means it'll be run by pleasant, friendly people; it'll be clean, quiet, safe and up to the Hilton property Hampton Inn standard with the usual "hot breakfast" that is a variation each day of an egg dish and waffles you make on a griddle (fun for kids to do). Crispy, greasy bacon some days, greasy mystery-sausage patty others; that Hampton Inn fruit salad, oatmeal (overcooked...more like a runny porridge) and "Ok" coffee every day.

There are no microwaves or fridges in the room unless you're lucky enough to get a "king suite". Their pillows are great but I've never been a fan of the hard Hampton Inn mattress - my husband loves them though.

They do not have snack shop items for sale at the front desk. But the property is alongside the highway and surrounded by restaurants.

Not special but delivers the expected business or family traveler expected standard.

Room Tip: Book a king suite if in your budget and they're available. We're Hilton Honors patrons but...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Highpocketsagain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
#4 of 7 in Fultondale
Best Western Plus Gardendale
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North

Been to Hampton Inn Birmingham / Fultondale I-65? Share your experiences!