“Does the job- just weigh your options”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Fultondale
Atlanta, Georgia
“Does the job- just weigh your options”
Reviewed December 18, 2010

We've stayed here twice now, and unless it's our only option for future trips, we probably will not be back.

Pros:
-good continental breakfast- on weekends, it's an extended hot breakfast and plenty of food
-reasonably priced
-in an area where there are enough options for dining out
-comfy beds, nicely sized rooms with fridge and microwave

Cons:
-paper thin walls. both stays, we could hear neighbors' entire conversations. we've had to call down to the front desk to complain about people partying in the next room and little was done to fix the situation. if you're a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.
-cleaning is hit-or-miss. clean enough rooms, but my daughter found an old dirty sock under the bed. that was fun. housekeeping is poor and sometimes skips your room altogether.

It does the job if all you need is a relatively clean place to sleep in a safe area. However, there are lots of other hotels in the same area that offer a little better for about the same amount of money. There's a fitness center on-site that also does the job, but much of the equipment was broken and the a/c did not work in the fitness center room. Also, pets are allowed here. This may or may not bother non-pet owners or those who don't like seeing dogs (albeit leashed) walking down the hotel corridor.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I loved this hotel! The front desk clerks were so helpful from the time I called to book the reservations till the time we left. They had a great breakfast that was scheduled to start at 6 am but they always had it ready way before 6, which was nice since we were up by 5 and had to leave by 6. The hotel was recently remodeled, we stayed in the handicap room which had a nice shower that you could wheel the wheelchair right in and they also supplied a handicap bench. The room was a bit on the small side but was still nice. All of the front desk clerks were great! Loved that they had an indoor pool. Would definitely choose this one again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We always automatically give La Quinta’s an extra star for being dog friendly; having said that, this is a hotel that I would stay at even without my dog. A new hotel in an up-and-coming area, the room was nice, new and clean. They bed was comfortable, and we had a quiet night sleep, despite the fact that we shared a floor with several contractors. There wasn’t very much of a dog walking area, and the view wasn’t very nice, but it really met our needs for a nice place to travel with our dog. When we travel with her, we don’t take advantage of the amenities offered; but we did take yogurt and bagels for our trip home. I wish all La Quinta’ were as nice as this one!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This is my second review of this hotel. It is such a shame that this hotel already has issues. Again it was hot in the lobby and in the hallways. When I turned on the TV I couldn't get any of the local channels. I called the front desk and was told that they aren't getting the local channels...WHAT! I was flabbergasted! The lady told me that they have been out for over a month and it is a cable issue. I can't believe that they havent gotten this fixed. There are like 6 channels that you can watch. THe beds are new and the rooms are clean because it is so new but not much else.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed April 1, 2009

This trip started out as a simply over night get away with some buddies to go out and do some 4 wheeling and boozing later on. Fultondale was the closest town to where we were going to be and was close to b-ham so I basically booked the cheapest hotel that looked decent. I was blown away at how nice this hotel was. It's brand new, super nice, and everything was great all the way down to the hot breakfast. For the price there is no way in hell you will beat this hotel. It's way nicer than many hotels I've stayed in for $100-$200/night.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
Comfort Suites Fultondale
#4 of 8 in Fultondale
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North? Share your experiences!