La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Fultondale
Canberra, Australia
“Happy”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Easy place to get to and the service was good as well. The downside was that the side doors swipe access thing was not working (the sign also had inconvenience spelt incorrectly) so we were unable to use the side door, unfortunately they had no smoking rooms, no safes and had the dumpster doors open and banging around in the wind. Although it was a nice hotel. I would probably stay out there again. Would be really nice when the area is a bit more built up. Oh and the staff were happy to kick people off the computers that had been on for too long - that was very helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I just booked a room there at the last minute because I had to go on some family business suddenly. I had a 2-bed room and had to change beds in the middle of the night because there were spiders in the bed with me! Other than that, it was ok.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jcfjbf03
Mena, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This Inn is so new there were signs of landscaping in progress. It was clean and convenient to get off and on the Interstate 20 and 78 that were under construction. The desk clerks were helpful as concierges. The microwave and mini fridge were adequate and clean as was the room and bathroom. We travel with 2 small dogs, and the pet area was convenient. The breakfast was adequate with hot and cold choices.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rebecca P
Chicago
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We travel with our dog so finding a nice, clean, dog friendly hotel on a budget is always a challenge. I spoke with Danise over the phone two days prior our stay, and she was very nice and helpful. Three of us plus a doggie had a good night sleep, enjoyable breakfast and no extra fees .

• Stayed December 2013
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank NiuSi
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I cannot understand the negative reviews. It was clean, comfortable, friendly, conveniently located. The breakfast had more choices of food than any other La Quinta where I have stayed. We had two rooms with three dogs and a cat and there was no problem but the dogs are small. I can understand the frustration of previous reviewers if they were turned down because of the size or breed but not an issue with us.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Gosandra
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The place was really a mess. The dumpster doors were open and trash was spilling out of them. There was trash in the parking lot. The trash bin by the front door was overflowing. There were soiled towels in the closet of my room. There was trash in the hallway. There was an open closet door in the hallway with mouldering towels inside. The exercise room had drink napkins strewn all over it. When I went to check on the exercise room and let myself in with my key, the clerk ask me in a very suspicious voice if I'd found everything I was looking for. Unfortunately, I found way too much. The only bright spot was the wonderful person who was tending the breakfast room. She was polite, cheer and treated me like a guest. The service was beautifully kept and that room, at least was clean. However, I would still avoid this property if at all possible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steven D

Travelers are raving about these Fultondale hotels

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Never had a problem w laquinta until now. We are elite members. I dont like people who tell lies. The members line even booked us at this hotel and we told them we had two big dogs. We get to the hotel wanting to rest and we can not take our dogs in. That makes me beyond upset. I have given them my business for years..travel for dog shows and for work.DONT LIST YOURSELF AS PET FRIENDLY IF YOU ARE NOT. Corporate even called them because of listing and they would not budge.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank brubake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
Comfort Suites Fultondale
#4 of 8 in Fultondale
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gardendale

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North? Share your experiences!