La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Fultondale
Reviewed April 27, 2013

my fiancée and I wanted to get away for the weekend ,so we decided to stay here, it's a very nice and clean place but its a smoke free hotel, we did not know that until it was to late and the person at the front desk didn't say nothing, they do have a non smoking sign at the lobby it's says not smoking it doesn't say smoke free hotel. we found out until we got in our room and we saw a sign saying that there's a $250 fine if u smoke. ok what's not fair to me is that is a pet friendly hotel and we saw people coming with one, two, and even three dogs...and that nice I love dogs too...we have one!! and I know they shed, pee, poop, slobber and smell but we can't smoke. that's bull$#%! NOT FAIR!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed at many LaQuinta Inn and Suites and have enjoyed my stays, but my stay at this location Jan 22, 2013 was not one of them. According to their website they are "Pet Friendly". What they don't say is that they are to some dogs, not all. I called to asked before we booked a room to be sure it was ok to bring my dog, they said "Oh, yes we have dogs staying with us all the time". They did NOT ask what breed of dog I would have with me.

Upon arriving on Jan 22, 2013 I walked in with my German Sheppard Dog, and was told she wasn't allowed in that establishment! The manager doesn't "like" them. My dog is a highly trained search and rescue dog that was retired early for a medical problem with her hips. She is better mannered than many humans I have met! I asked why I wasn't told that when I called and they didn't have an answer! After I mentioned my husband and I were there under his employers account, I was told that "You can stay with her, IF you take the STAIRS!" I am disabled; they put us on the 3rd floor! I could NOT walk up the stairs, so I put her back in the car and cracked the windows and I went up to the room via elevators. My husband brought her up when he reached the hotel later.

The next day we found out there is a “LIST” of unwelcome dogs at this establishment.

If you plan to go there… call first and clear your breed of dog! (Get the name of who you speak to also!)

The” Free Wi-Fi” is spotty and unreliable also.

Room Tip: Don't get a 3rd floor room if you want good Wi-Fi reception.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lelier
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel was OK. Nothing fancy, nothing overly clean. It was apparent that the hotel was transformed to non smoking throughout, but not cleaned thoroughly to remove old stale smoke. As a matter of fact, after a few hours in the room, which smelled of stale smoke, as was the lobby, I had one of the worst allergy attacks in a very long time. The hotel was pet friendly, and I believe rooms were not designated as pet-only rooms. There was a large dog brought on a leash with its owner while we were waiting to check in. All I could think at that time was, oh no, I am allergic to dogs and I hope that the rooms are clean and segregated for pets (I think not). The room heating unit was not cleaned regularly and spit out plenty of mold. Thus my major allergy reaction. It was apparent that the hotel catered to worker-guys who were all checking in with one front desk attendant. We had a good night sleep, rooms were clean except for the allergy issues. (I took plenty of antihistamines which accounted for my good sleep!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Mobile, Alabama, USA
Reviewed March 13, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, the hotel was heavenly, Houston (very nice gentleman) checked me in, assisted with parking questions, was kind and professional; the only highlight of my original four night stay.
Prior to booking I called to ensure they had parking to accommodate my needs as I haul a race car in a "extremely" long trailer. A quote used by front desk staff who called my room at 7am bc another truck driver could not get out of the parking lot. When in actuality, he just couldn't drive. She called and rushed me to come move it, "he's trying to go to work. I'll tell him you're coming." Just rudely handled personally. Then I get downstairs and he's up in his room. WTH WAS ALL THE URGENCY FOR?!?! Then, to top it off he didn't even need to exit pass my truck and trailer, used the pathway with the overhang. Again, example of an unskilled driver or for purposes of this review; something she should have suggested before waking me up that early and RUDE!
Secondly, like previously posted the room was soooo dusty! The halls needed vacuuming and there was hair on clean towels. Major disappointment.
If I didn't have to work in Birmingham the week I would have surely made alternate arrangements. They could do a whole lot better.
In closing, I'm leaving one night early.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The staff at the desk and the staff at breakfast were great. Really nice and helpful. But where is housekeeping and do they have the tools to do the job?
There was dust in the corners (lots), of rooms and halls and elevators. Mildew had started around the tub. This is too bad because the exterior of the hotel is really nice, and the potential is there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fultondale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Fultondale/I-65
Baymont Inn & Suites Fultondale
Best Western Gardendale
Best Western Gardendale
#1 of 2 in Gardendale

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fultondale Birmingham North? Share your experiences!