“Buy now & eat later”

Down South Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Foley
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

Really good BBQ! This is not a sit-down kind of place. So, we planned ahead and picked up dinner after shopping. We got it "cold" & put it in the fridge till dinner. Everything we got (chicken, ribs, pulled pork & beans) was great. The stand out dish was the baked beans! Don't miss those!

Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

Great pork, brisket was very good. The sides were what you would expect, good slaw and mustard potato salad. The camp stew was good. So when I hit a BBQ place, and I buy a pound to go after I eat, or I buy a gallon of camp stew, it is a five star. This was very good. $9.95 for the pork plate was good. It is better than any other BBQ in the area

Reviewed March 24, 2016

We love this family owned restaurant! It's close to our home. I am not the biggest BBQ aficionado. But my family can eat their weights in Ribs. I need it to have specific qualities. The atmosphere, sauce, and texture of the meat is a priority. This is one of those roadside places with rough style seating, most of the customers are picking up to take home. The place it's self appears little more than a shack with a covered car port near by for eat in dinners. It is the kind of place that come summer there will be bags of water with pennies in them hanging from the porch. Of course the obligatory cork board with business cards for just about everything. The sauce is what I grew up on. Rich, tomato-ey and sweet with molasses and / or brown sugar. The food is tender and moist with or with out the sauce. All of the sides are great. I have picked up for everyone else and just bought baked beans or green beans with potato salad for myself. The prices reflect the quality, it runs us about $35-40.00 to feed 4 of us.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

We are staying in Orange Beach and drove to Foley for this BBQ. It was worth the trip, even in a torrential downpour! Because of the rain, we couldn't eat in the screened in porch so had to eat back at the hotel. We tried the pulled pork sandwich, brisket plate, and rib plate. Each were fabulous! The ribs fell off the bone and the brisket melts in your mouth. The BBQ sauce and horseradish sauce were also delicious. I tried Kamp Stew for the first time and it was amazing! The green beans and baked potato were also good. Make sure you have cash or check because they don't accept credit/debit cards. I'm so glad we stopped here at Down South Barbeque!

1  Thank stumprunner
Reviewed March 22, 2016

If you search out the best BBQ where ever you go, make sure you put this one on the list. We had the pulled pork,wings,ribs, brisket, and smoked butt, pototoe salad, beans, and Cole slaw. One was tastier than the next! Carry out only, no charge cards. Try it and I'll bet you write a review too!

Been to Down South Barbeque? Share your experiences!