“Lets go for Barbeque”

Down South Barbeque
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Foley
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Best barbeque ever. Ribs & pulled pork are fantastic. Prices are very reasonable. Side dishes are good too.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Hidden behind the service station in a dirt parking lot! Great barbecue. Didn't order any drinks. Got our order to go. We bought a pound of the pork, a pint of the horseradish potato salad and four LARGE buns instead of ordering individual plates. $14.50. Will definately go again. And the ladies are so sweet!

1  Thank adistlefink
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We ate at the E. Michigan Ave, Suite105 restaurant. They have inside seating at this location. Owner prepares all the food for both locations, so the food is the same. We were looking for somewhere else and got lost. Best thing that happened the whole vacation. This is the best BBQ I have ever eaten! I live near Columbus, GA which has very very good BBQ, but this was even better. We had the pork, chicken, ribs, and brisket and everyone said their meal was delicious! Very friendly service, clean, reasonably priced. My husband loved the horseradish potato salad too!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I am hesitant to eat BBQ out of my normal geographic location but we were looking for something a little more down home than most places you would eat on vacation. This was a very good surprise as the food was execellent and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Down South BBQ is just off of 59 in Foley, minutes from Gulf Shores. The place is small, with a screened in area to eat outside. The food is fixed while you wait. I had a half chicken plate, my husband had a brisket plate. The chicken was good, with sauce on the side. The sauce is sweet and vinegar based. The brisket was tender, my husband could cut it with a plastic fork. The ladies that work there are nice, and they were busy. My only complaint is that they close early, at 6:30. Well worth the cost, we ate for around $10 each. We will go back.

1  Thank Shawna G