“Goof food and nice people”
Review of Oar House Restaurant - CLOSED

Oar House Restaurant
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My wife and I took the advice of a friend and ate at the Oar House this week. The owner and family are extremely friendly and helpful. The suggested some items we might like and that is what we ate. I had oysters and the 2nd best gumbo I have ever enjoyed. My wife said the fried fresh mushrooms were the best ever.

1  Thank rallen638
There are newer reviews for Oar House Restaurant

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stopped at The Oar House on our way back home from Gulf Shores and it was better than all the restaurants we ate at in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
We ordered fried pickles as an appetizer and they were great. They had an excellent breading and were very flavorful, ranch dressing was nice as well.
I ordered the shrimp and oyster combo with a salad and french fries. The shrimp was very good but I didn't care for how big the oysters were. They really needed to cut them in half before frying. They were a little to mushy for me. I tried my wife's spicy fried crawfish tails and they were excellent. She also had the greens, beans & sausage soup and it was extremely tasty after we added salt to taste. There were 5 of us who ate (including my 4 year old) and the bill was $52.09. That was the normal price for me, my wife and my son to eat any where else in Gulf Shores! The wait staff was very nice and checked on us often. This is just your run of the mill local seafood restaurant. If you want flashy decor with mediocre service and food than The Oar House is not for you.

4  Thank Keeb88